Prospect Info: 2019 40th overall: Vancouver selects Nils Höglander (LW, Rögle BK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Hoglander is built for the new NHL with a relentless pain in the ass style of play that will fit on any line. Gadjovich can barely skate.

The Canucks had Torts in mind when they drafted Gadjovich.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yep...same mindset as when Quinn drafted Alex Stoyanov.....power forward who played with Burkeian truculence, except he had bad shoulders and not much of a skater.

But on the positive side, Quinn flipped him to the Pens for Markus Naslund in probably the most lopsided deal in Canuck history.

As far as Hoglander, I'm more interested to see what he does in the SHL than Podkolzin in the KHL.

Reactions: LovemyNucks

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Anybody know if he grew at all since draft? Kids got crazy skills though without a doubt. Looking forward to his development for sure this season maybe he gets a taste next year in the show if he shows promise.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Did they? Torts was hired by Columbus before we even drafted Gadjovich (which is how we got the pick). Are you trying to say that Torts left some impression on this team after he left which resulted in Gadjovich?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Did they? Torts was hired by Columbus before we even drafted Gadjovich (which is how we got the pick). Are you trying to say that Torts left some impression on this team after he left which resulted in Gadjovich?
That pick was the one we got for Columbus hiring Torts.

I think he’s joking.

Reactions: F A N

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Höglander is much faster then I thought to a point where I don't even think speed is an issue for him anymore as Initially thought.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Höglander is much faster then I thought to a point where I don't even think speed is an issue for him anymore as Initially thought.
I agree....watching those highlights from the Four Nations Tournament in August, he speed looks fine to me. One of those players who seems to be able to skate just as fast when he has the puck as when he doesn't. His progress in the SHL this season will be fascinating to watch.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
As long as he posses hockey IQ he can be an effective player even with out finishing abilities, so what I wanna see is him using his team mates and not being one man wrecking crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad