Boston Bruins 40 down - 42 to go - Bruins are in good shape

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
One thing that was encouraging early on in the season when the Bs were not winning as much as now is that they were not getting blown out much at all. Most of their losses were close. The increased skill on the roster with guys getting healthy combined with better chemistry has done wonders. It's too early to start calling the team a serious Cup contender since so many things can happen before the playoffs start, but as of now things are looking really good.

Good point. And despite some ugly stretches in games, I never felt they were mailing it in or giving up/discouraged with the situation.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'll say this, there's no really obvious way to improve the team to me. Chemistry isn't worth disrupting, cap flex is so-so. People are going to haaaaate this, but Sweeney might very well be best off doing very little at the deadline.

In terms of all those prospects we may or may not be able to fit into the roster next year, I like rolling them up into a higher draft pick. If you've got too many prospects, trade up on draft day...
I think the draft (both drafting and trading) is going to be the place Sweeney makes any changes. With the way the team has drafted, I'd be very hesitant giving up even picks for guys that are rentals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad