GDT: [#40] Dallas Stars @ Phoenix Coyotes, 7:00 PM CST (FSSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Gotta thank OEL for this win. Fired the captain up and the team followed

what a comeback. I bet Dallas would score 4 goals when they were down 2-0 and won 20$!!! I also bet the game would be under 5 goals, but won more then I lost

damn, Benn had 7 hits

Last edited:
Reactions: Blindsummit

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Well I’m sure glad I didn’t turn that game off like I planned on doing. Boys looked great after that horrendous 1st period. Glad they answered the bell they looked like push overs to start with, felt like a throw back game with all the physical play

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I can't believe OEL thought he should go after Benn when he is one of the softest players in the league. What a mistake. When things got tough like at the end of the game he just turtled and fell to the ground instead of defending himself. Extremely scared.
I don't think we watched the same event unfold.
Comeau coming in and putting him in a headlock and taking him down in a 2 on 1 is far away from "turtled"

BennsGonnaGetYou

Apr 27, 2017
Sweden
Comeau coming in and putting him in a headlock and taking him down in a 2 on 1 is far away from "turtled"
To previous posters defense though - imagine a yotes player doing that to Benn... Wouldn't end the same way.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

If you are defending yourself with your hands up instead of standing there doing nothing (turtling) then you wouldn't get taken down.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, Benn had a hold of him when Comeau jumped in, so he couldn't really defend himself. No harm done, we know the Yotes are soft, and the Stars are built to be playoff tough, so we ruled the Yotes in that dept.

Will say I visited the Yotes board to see their reaction, and as a rule, they seemed less whiny than us (or me!) and most team boards, so kudos for that.

Was going to post about us going mentally weak again. Glad I held off on that post, since with 2 comeback wins in a row, it seems we are regaining some swagger that typified the winning streak, but has been absent more recently. Not a perfect game, by any means, but being able to win when being outplayed for 2 periods is impressive and a necessary skill.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I think BC was trying to save OLE from a beating by Jamie, so that Jamie wouldn't get any post game NHL "discipline".

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Not a bad package, but it seems to lack a few things like the Kessel hit, yapping at center ice, etc.

Reactions: Satan

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
If you are defending yourself with your hands up instead of standing there doing nothing (turtling) then you wouldn't get taken down.
You should definitely look up the definition of Turtling because that isn't it. what Lemiuex did, is, what Marchand has done in the past, is, OEL was shoving back, he wasn't going to drop the gloves, but Neither would Heiskanen in the same situation and somehow i don't think you consider him doing the same thing as "turtling"

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
You should definitely look up the definition of Turtling because that isn't it. what Lemiuex did, is, what Marchand has done in the past, is, OEL was shoving back, he wasn't going to drop the gloves, but Neither would Heiskanen in the same situation and somehow i don't think you consider him doing the same thing as "turtling"

Heiskanen certainly avoids contact and altercation.

Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yeahhh I was gonna say I don't think we will ever see Heiskanen put himself in this situation. Don't think he will ever lay someone out with a blindside hit

You mean you couldn't see Heiskanen standing at center ice yapping his mouth to Landeskog?

lolol

Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad