GDT: #40 Blue Jackets @ Carolina | 1-4-18 *crap... scribble scribble* 19

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
We scored 2 goals on 24 shots against a career backup . Center ice is a trainwreck on this team other than Dubois . Instead of rolling his lines against a team that played last night , he essentially went to 2 lines tonight . As mentioned above , no players are ever held accountable other than Duclair , Bjork , Milano . Power play continues to suck , but this is no surprise . Torts powerplays have sucked on every team he’s coached

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Had the pleasure of watching that performance in person
Pathetic
Bob was total dogchit. Should have easily stopped at least 2/3.
Jones maybe worst ever game as A Jacket
DUBINSKY SAYONARA, the buyout paperwork just needs signed and delivered,
best of luck whatever life brings you after hockey.

Bread I'm going to miss you busting your ass off every shift.
DuClair has elite ability, but needs to look for open team mates more when he's on the rush

good night

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Had the pleasure of watching that performance in person
Pathetic
Bob was total dogchit. Should have easily stopped at least 2/3.
Jones maybe worst ever game as A Jacket
DUBINSKY SAYONARA, the buyout paperwork just needs signed and delivered,
best of luck whatever life brings you after hockey.

Bread I'm going to miss you busting your ass off every shift.
DuClair has elite ability, but needs to look for open team mates more when he's on the rush

good night

hot take centralllll wuddddup

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He seems extra surly and impatient for some reason. Not sure what to read from that

Torts lately, ever since his sickness (more than likely a coincidence) has seemed to have the shortest fuse I can ever remember him having while with the CBJ. Remember, even after a week and a half/two weeks after his sickness, he had Shaw do post game interviews.. just found that strange.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
They'd be better off if Torts just said, forget all that stuff we've been asking you to do. Just go down there and do your thing.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but, WHAT THEY SHOULD BE DOING, is going to the "5 man rotation/cycle" on the PP, like they do 5 on 5. They wouldn't even need to do it 3f/2d as most of our forward are capable in getting back defensively.

Contrary to what some people want to claim, we are not a slow team and actually quite good with the puck, both stickhandling and passing. What we are still "missing", with or without Panarin, is a "trigger man" or 2. When the speed of the GAME slows down, in man advantage situations, the team is affected negatively by this.

Ignoring Jones/Werenski look at our top forward "goal scorers". Atkinson, Panarin, Bjorkstrand, Dubois, Foligno, Anderson. While they all are good goal scorers, and they all excel at something when it comes to shooting/scoring goals, they all also have at least 1 clear deficiency.

Panarin's only real issue is his "mindset". Too Wennberg like. Atkinson's release and overall shot isn't quite as good as a lot of guys in his range of goals. He is better built for the rush you could say. Anderson and Dubois are similar in that they have the ability to put the puck places where the goalie isn't and shoot it with enough velocity, but they don't always do both at the same time. They both I think are also built for a "5 on 5/cycle" game and actually think would/will look good together. I think Bjorkstrand just needs the puck on his stick and to shoot, as much as possible. If he gets shots on net, he will score. We just need to find a way to get him open and with the puck.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Korpisalo in? I am wondering if they pulled the plug on the season.

Look for a Panarin trade in the next few days

You saw the goals, right?

Goal 1: 5.9
Goal 2: 3.6
Goal 3: 4.2

"3 goal Korpisalo" gets trashed over and over, why not "3 goal Bobrovsky"??

Or should it be, "GLOVE SIDE Bobrovsky".....??

Hopefully Korp gets the start tomorrow.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
We are going to lose to the Panthers tomorrow too.

I feel like I've heard this before.

@Cowumbus youre dumb for thinking the game was over lol

What about tomorrow's game? Still sticking with that "prediction"?

Wonder if Torts will take any part of the blame for all the horrible line changes by the Jackets tonight

What?

Its almost as if some of you go completely out of your way to look to complain about or blame somebody/the coaches for something that doesnt make any sense.

This isnt EA Sports where Torts can press the 'line change' button or Disney's Mighty Ducks, where he can yell, "change it up", and they all come to the bench. And no, they dont even bang the bench door handle up and down to let the guy know their minute is up like i'm sure some of you need in your 'E league' games.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Werenski was on the ice for 19 total shots on goal tonight... of the 19, how many shots were by the Jackets? 3. Z played over 21 minutes and the jackets only had 3 SOG in that span.. wtf

yikes.

HATER ALERT

:eyeroll:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
messed up.

Wennberg's gotta drive the net//1 trick pony.....I agree.

trade him to ARI or EDM

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
We scored 2 goals on 24 shots against a career backup . Center ice is a trainwreck on this team other than Dubois . Instead of rolling his lines against a team that played last night , he essentially went to 2 lines tonight . As mentioned above , no players are ever held accountable other than Duclair , Bjork , Milano . Power play continues to suck , but this is no surprise . Torts powerplays have sucked on every team he’s coached

Honestly, I agree with some things you say, and disagree with others, and I don't want sound like Vicki in regards to Karlsson, but, CAN YOU STOP BRINGING f***ING MILANO UP AT ALL!!?

thanks

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

-- :57-1:00 --

Q: What's your overall assessment on Sergei?

A: I'm not gonna give you an assessment on the goaltender.

O...K...

(next 5-10 seconds occur) -- 1:05-1:10 --

Q: Did Korpi give you guys a little spark when he came in?

A: 1 of the few guys who did play well.

Hmm. :huh:

"Right on through our lineup" …... "Chase the game"

:dunno:

"Chasing" because of 2 shit goals and 1 stoppable goal, no??

fact alert. bye.

:squint: :shakehead :doh: *sigh* :speechles :ha:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
@thebus88 - you are out of control.

My initial response/comment to you about Werenski was sarcasm, and "attacking" those who call anybody who attacks Werenski or a couple others, "Haters!!"....

I guess it worked. Just not quite how I expected. 2 birds, 1 stone I guess. Something about an apple not falling far from a tree also.

#BRINGBACKBOOMER #MCBJGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad