4 Teams left: Medal Predictions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Gold: Russia - Their strength coming into the tourney was their incredible offensive skill. Well, combine that with unbeliveable goaltending and you have the re-emergance of the big red machine. Congrats to Russia beating Canada BTW, what a dazzling display of hockey that was by the Russians.

Silver: Czech Republic - This team seems to turn it on like a light switch. When this team is on its game, which they are right now, they are capable of matching up well against anyone. But can Hnlicka outduel Nabokov? This is where I give the edge to the Russians

Bronze: Finland - Its always a treat to see the forever rivals Sweden and Finland hook up and that's what I think is gonna end up happening. Nitymakki has looked shaky at times but he gets the job done without letting too much damage get done. Lundqvist has been up and down. I think the prevailing factor in this game will be the the tenacious checking of the fins and their incredible execution of their gameplan. Jokinen is heating up and that will provide some secondary scoring for the Lehtinen-Koivu-Selanne line which has arguably been the best line in the tournament.

rad_sci_guy

Aug 17, 2005
Thornhill
Gold
Sweden, they've got the Belarus monkey off there back and in my opinion the most talented team

Silver
Russia, although they outplayed Canada it wasn't by much and their powerplay is non existent

Bronze
Finland, better goaltending than the Czechs at the moment

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Hackett said:
Gold: Russia - Their strength coming into the tourney was their incredible offensive skill. Well, combine that with unbeliveable goaltending and you have the re-emergance of the big red machine. Congrats to Russia beating Canada BTW, what a dazzling display of hockey that was by the Russians.

Silver: Czech Republic - This team seems to turn it on like a light switch. When this team is on its game, which they are right now, they are capable of matching up well against anyone. But can Hnlicka outduel Nabokov? This is where I give the edge to the Russians

Bronze: Finland - Its always a treat to see the forever rivals Sweden and Finland hook up and that's what I think is gonna end up happening. Nitymakki has looked shaky at times but he gets the job done without letting too much damage get done. Lundqvist has been up and down. I think the prevailing factor in this game will be the the tenacious checking of the fins and their incredible execution of their gameplan. Jokinen is heating up and that will provide some secondary scoring for the Lehtinen-Koivu-Selanne line which has arguably been the best line in the tournament.

Each Pred would get a medal ... I like the way you think!

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
If Sweden and Finland makes it to the final it would be a huge game with a lot of rivalry! I predict gold for Sweden, optimistic as always.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
These should be some tight games. You don't want to get down more than a goal at any time, especially against Russia or Czechs, who know how to hold a big lead in these big games.

Finland-Russia:
--------------
Finland better play a lot better than they did against USA. Losing Malkin will hurt Russia, as they have many sharpshooters, but not so many playmakers.

Finland- Must play smarter, tighter, more defensive hockey.
Russia- Must continue to play smart, team-oriented, defense-first hockey.

Obviously, both teams must avoid stupid penalties.

Sweden-Czechs:
----------------
Sweden has lots of offensive talent and more solid goaltending than in years past, but they haven't been tested much this tournament (flunked vs. Russia).

Czechs were seemingly in a daze the first couple games, but are practiced at playing the smart, defensive hockey necessary to advance in medal round.

Sweden- Has enough firepower to play smart hockey and not just hope Lundqvist saves the day.
Czechs- Must find a way to shut down Sweden's lines and still get offensive chances from their 2nd/3rd lines.

If the Czechs have any edge, I think it is in experience playing their style of hockey and succeeding with it in big games.

Gold: Czechs
Silver: Russia
Bronze: Sweden

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
Gold: Russia - I doubt anyone can beat this team right now, Nabokov is just amazing, and well..AO, Kovalchuk, Datsyk etc... no need for further comments :P

Silver: Sweden - I think they will beat the Czechs but it's gonna be really tight, but against Russia we're simply not good enough.

Bronze: Finland - Have been playing great, but against Russia tomorrow it will be to tough :/

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
Maybe more what I hope happens more than what I think will happen, but anyway...

Gold: Sweden (probably the last hurrah for the current generation of superstars)
Silver: Finland
Bronze: Czech

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
rad_sci_guy said:
Gold
Sweden, they've got the Belarus monkey off there back and in my opinion the most talented team

Silver
Russia, although they outplayed Canada it wasn't by much and their powerplay is non existent

Bronze
Finland, better goaltending than the Czechs at the moment

2 out of 9 is reasonable. Not great, but not existent does not describe it

Choice

Nov 21, 2004
nyc
If anyone can beat Russia at this point I gotta believe it's the Czechs. With Jagr and the rest of the offensive firepower that they have, Czech is the one team that can beat Russia at their own game.

Sweden is the darkhorse if Henrik catches fire but I don't think their defense is up to the job.

G-Czech
S-Russia
B- Sweden

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Gold- Sweden
Silver- Finland
Bronze- Russia

If this happens (and I hope it do), you just know the final will be something for all Swedes and Finns to remember.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Time for my kiss of death:

Finland over Russia in a shootout
Sweden over Czech Republic

Finland over Sweden for gold
Russia over the Czechs for bronze

Jobaas

Feb 20, 2006
big_steve said:
Gold- Sweden
Silver- Finland
Bronze- Russia

If this happens (and I hope it do), you just know the final will be something for all Swedes and Finns to remember.
well i would have nightmares before the game. There is nothing worse then losing to fin and there is nothing better then winning. But the anxiety is to much to handle

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
big_steve said:
Gold- Sweden
Silver- Finland
Bronze- Russia

I'd rather take bronze than losing to Sweden in the final.

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
I won't jinx it by making a prediction, but my money (literally) has been on the Czechs since the tournament started. Viva la Czech Republic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->