Prospect Info: #4 Sam Bennett

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
playoff games count towards the 9 games. so if he is sent to the nhl and the flames make the playoffs chances are he burns the first year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought I heard that as long as Kingstons season (or a players Jr team for example) is over, that any pro games played has no factor on their ELC. So as long as Kingstons season is over, Bennett could play in every game until we win the Stanley Cup and won't end up burning a year on his ELC. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I thought I heard that as long as Kingstons season (or a players Jr team for example) is over, that any pro games played has no factor on their ELC. So as long as Kingstons season is over, Bennett could play in every game until we win the Stanley Cup and won't end up burning a year on his ELC. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right.

I've never heard that before, but that would be awesome!

Aug 3, 2010

Haven't heard of it myself, but it does make sense in a way, since his "default" team in his league is done playing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He could play AHL without it burning a year off his ELC, but NHL games would count.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think management should call him up and see how he does against the Oilers and Coyotes. If he plays 9 out of the 4 regular season games and also the first playoff series, Treliving should be fine burning a year of the ELC if we make it to the second round. Bennett seems like a player we need to inject some energy into our lineup.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Doesn't seem like the Burliving would put that much pressure on a rookie right off the bat.

You can put a rookie in a game without it being a case of putting pressure on him. I mean really, players have done this before. He'd probably relish the challenge. In the end it's just hockey.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Throw him out there in place of Colborne. Please!! He may be able to provide a little spark and get the team riled up again.. Not sure if it'll happen but I wouldn't be opposed to him playing the Oil/Yotes games just to see how he does.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Granlund's run out of steam, send him down to ADK and put Bennett in his place. Colborne at least is something of a physical presence even if he can't get anything done.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I do think he can handle it. He's bigger and stronger from when he was drafted, and he's not your average prospect. I really do believe that he thinks the game at a similar level as Gaudreau, I think his speed would allow him to play in the NHL right now.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I'd give him games if he earns it in practice.

Same as when he came off injury. Shouldn't just get a spot, but if he earns it, then yes...play him.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
You can put a rookie in a game without it being a case of putting pressure on him. I mean really, players have done this before. He'd probably relish the challenge. In the end it's just hockey.

I honestly have never seem someone as driven as Sam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->