Value of: 4 OV straiht up for a D

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
What Dman would teams offer straight up for 4OV ? Would be looking for a guy that is young , cost controlled, and either a top pairing or a good 3D with top pairing potential. The trade would be one for one, no adds on either side. Preference would be a guy that is a LD.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Maybe Brodin, but I'm not sure how much sense it makes to trade him if the best players available at that pick are defensemen.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Hanifin for #4. Canes add Svechnikov and Tkachuk/Zadina then pick up a solid veteran LHD to play with Faulk on the 2nd pair.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Canes adding both Svech and Zadina next year would be fun to watch.
Some (future) combination of:

Teravainen- Aho - Svechnikov
Zadina - Lindholm - Skinner/Simmonds
Rask - Staal - XXXX

Would be lethal. Needs right shooters though. Maybe move Skinner for Simmonds?

Reactions: Starat327

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe Brodin, but I'm not sure how much sense it makes to trade him if the best players available at that pick are defensemen.
Beat me to it. Wish I could be more confident about Tkachuk. Wild don't need another offensive Dman like Boqvist and Hughes....Hughes makes Dumba look conservative, and man, he's small. He'd be great for a team that has a big, conservative Defense.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Beat me to it. Wish I could be more confident about Tkachuk. Wild don't need another offensive Dman like Boqvist and Hughes....Hughes makes Dumba look conservative, and man, he's small. He'd be great for a team that has a big, conservative Defense.
I really dislike the idea of trading Brodin for Tkachuk. Seems like a bad draft for us to be moving valuable young players for a 4-10 pick.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I suggested Hanifin for #3 in another thread. Both make sense.

The news Canes owner just fired Francis because he wanted his team to be competitive right now. Do you really think trading one of your top D for a draft pick will be in the new GM’s plan? 0%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad