Post-Game Talk: #4| New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | Broctober 11th | 7:00 PM | F/l 5-2

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Just think about this , the only time the team looked good this season was against , indisputably the worst group of 6 defensemen to step on NHL ice this calendar year.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Gonna be a rough season.

Yes, four games is short sample size, but I can tell by the glaring lack of top talent that the system just isn't going to be able to overcome it this year.

Reactions: Razputyn

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Been saying with a few other posters , we overachieved so when essentially the same team is back we have to expect it. Thing is will
Lou make trade #2 ? Smart thing for him to do is get JHS back in the NHL to hopefully either improve the team or improve his value in a deal. Like Yzerman did with Drouin

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Went to tonight's game. To me, it was the worst Trotz era performance. They were beaten to every puck, threw passes to no one consistently, had no passion, and no grit whatsoever. But, hey, the Canes' new scoreboard is fabulous.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Went to tonight's game. To me, it was the worst Trotz era performance. They were beaten to every puck, threw passes to no one consistently, had no passion, and no grit whatsoever. But, hey, the Canes' new scoreboard is fabulous.

That scoreboard is freakin' amazing!!!....and that is all that was amazing.......Barzal looked whipped at the end of his last shift...beaten into the boards and nothing from no one...he looked beaten as he skated off.

I do really think it is the end of the best 4th line in Hockey...yea i know KC was not there but these guys did not look like they wanted to hit anything, nor pass to anyone as well....very disappointing

The third was a mess from shift one, thought B played well though.

For now, with what is here.....I seriously would put Ross on the line with Barzal....call me all the crazy you want, but until you do something to give the other team to look out for and create some space, Barzal is useless within this current line up. Lee, Bails and Nelson.....Beau, KC, Kuhnackle ...and for the time being what we saw tonight as 4..i got nothing there.

MDC is not an answer....neither is JHS......time to move on.

Reactions: beach

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
That scoreboard is freakin' amazing!!!....and that is all that was amazing.......Barzal looked whipped at the end of his last shift...beaten into the boards and nothing from no one...he looked beaten as he skated off.

I do really think it is the end of the best 4th line in Hockey...yea i know KC was not there but these guys did not look like they wanted to hit anything, nor pass to anyone as well....very disappointing

The third was a mess from shift one, thought B played well though.

For now, with what is here.....I seriously would put Ross on the line with Barzal....call me all the crazy you want, but until you do something to give the other team to look out for and create some space, Barzal is useless within this current line up. Lee, Bails and Nelson.....Beau, KC, Kuhnackle ...and for the time being what we saw tonight as 4..i got nothing there.

MDC is not an answer....neither is JHS......time to move on.
Agree with you. And I know it's early, but this team is in trouble..

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
I actually somewhat liked our first line tonight – no result, but at least some effort and some hustle were there.

Nelson was better than in the previous game, Knhl was ok for his role and abilities.

MM and Clutter miss Cizikas, Leo and Beau miss each other.

Bailey was brain-dead for the second straight game, Dal Colle is useless.

Brassard is awful, he is on path to waiver wire.

Boychuk was fine, Dobson too, at least he was not a liability.

Mayfield – below average, Toews – well below.

Pelech-Pulock are awful, they are supposed to be our top pair, if they're going to play like that – we are doomed.

Varly and, it seems Greiss now too, need to pull their heads out of their 5th points.

Overall, in the last game there were no effort and no structure, tonight there was some effort, but still no structure. A lot of work is ahead.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
If they want to compete this season – the time is now, thanks to the schedule.

Next 10 games:

Ottawa (2x), Columbus, Winnipeg, Arizona, Florida – any playoff-aspiring team should take at least 7-8 points from them,

Philadelphia, Buffalo – I'm not sold on them yet, I believe we can still play with them,

And 2 teams well above our weight bracket in STL and TBL.

If, after that, we are like 7-6-1, then the season is salvageable.

Reactions: islesfan3913

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
With Florida and St Louis coming up there is a legit chance this team could be 1-5 after playing 5 of the first 6 games at home. That would be a disaster.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Dal Colle has been winning important puck battles and has been consistent in every game. Would like to see him with Barzal as I believe they could create chemistry and chances. Certainly more chances than Barzal with Lee. And no, Dal Colle's skating is not bad!!

Besides Lee name a worst skater on the roster

Reactions: ekill08x

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->