U16: 4-Nations Tournament in Almetyevsk, Russia April 12-14 2019

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Really liked what I saw from Mensik, Lysell, & Dower Nilsson in the Czech-Sweden game. Sweden's goalie, Mustafic, did not have a good game at all.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Decent 55 minutes of play by the Czech team only to be followed by a massive meltdown and losing a pretty much won game. Don't really understand how is that even possible, especially when a similiar chokejob happened at the previous tournament (also against Sweden, although in that one Czechs eventually won in OT.) Feels like Mensik and Svozil combine for +50% of this year's Czech U16 team scoring. Great prospects, but you would like to see more depth scoring. And unlike in the past years, not really sold on the goaltender position. Filip Malac is missing due to U17 duties, but not sure how good he really is.

Svozil was in my opinon by far the best Czech player, he just keeps making the right plays whenever on ice. Ludwig Persson on the Swedish squad caught my eye, excellent set of hands. As mentioned in the post above, Mensik, Lysell, and Dower Nilsson were the other standouts.
Speaking of Mensik, have to post this great goal:

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lundberg started putting Persson with Dower Nilsson, & Lysell sometime into the game. Finland really had no answer to that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad