U20: 4 Nations Tournament, Hodinin CZE 26-29 aug

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Russia wins 4-1, dominated from start to finish pretty much.

...and I had to double check the score after I've read Bragin's interview afterwards. He sounded unsatisfied at least. I guess pretty much 90% of russian fans are praying for him to take over the NT as soon as possible.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It's like 2-3rd Swedish U20 team. Mostly 2016 drafted (3-7 rounds) or undrafted. And at least half of this Russian team will be in WJC in December.

B team I'd say, as in almost straight up the 22 players just outside of the WJC team. That's how Sweden always does it, the probable WJC team goes to US Camp and the ones on the outside goes here to prove themselves. On rare occassions some players play both, but it's a 95% turnover at least. A difference though is that a few years ago, the guys on the outside were so good that they could still win this tournament. It's hard to say if our depth is worse or if other nations have improved though, probably a combination of both.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Suprised how bad Sweden looks, 12-13 draft picks on the team. Both Davidsson and Pettersson are possible 1st rounders etc..

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I assume the Czechs have their best players in this tournament.

What do you mean by ''best''. The (arguably) best from European leagues + Vladar and Hronek (who will soon travel to NA). There are no Zacha, Zboril, Hajek etc. if that's what you mean.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
What do you mean by ''best''. The (arguably) best from European leagues + Vladar and Hronek (who will soon travel to NA). There are no Zacha, Zboril, Hajek etc. if that's what you mean.

Not a great team by any means. I like the commentator though, I wouldn't mind if he replaced Zaruba :laugh:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kvartalnov with coast-to-coast goal, and then Russian defense played terrible. 3-2 Russia.

Kaprizov with empty-netter, 4-2, and then there was a fight.

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Suprised how bad Sweden looks, 12-13 draft picks on the team. Both Davidsson and Pettersson are possible 1st rounders etc..

I think that was expected, look at the team they played with. I would max have 1-2 player from that team (not counting goalies) in the whc 20 team.

KarIgo87

Rider on the Storm
May 22, 2015
Moscow
Russia as always struggled the most with Finns. Even though their roster was from the best. If Tolvanen played they would've won this Tournament I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->