U20: 4-Nations Tournament, Örnsköldsvik, SWE 24-26 aug

Madic

May 21, 2008
Anybody bought a single game from Svenskhockey before? It says I have to wait a week before I have access to that game, which seems like a hilarious upselling tactic.

Any comments on Pontus Holmberg's game? A smallish perimeter skill player or what?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
"The best player in the tournament was Vitali Kravtsov. The Rangers shocked some people when they drafted him ninth overall but Kravtsov is a great prospect. I know a lot of people haven’t seen much of him but he was pretty good in the KHL already last season. I think he’ll have a big season in the KHL and then make the jump to the NHL after that. In this tournament, Kravtsov was the team Captain, and he dominated every game. Whenever he was on the ice, his team had the puck in the offensive zone, and he was constantly creating something offensively. He’s always moving and looking for openings. He finished the tournament with one goal and three assists – but he could have had more points if he played with better linemates. Honestly saying, he was too good for this tournament, and he’ll be one of the top players at the World Juniors"

Prospect Ramblings: U20 Four Nations Tournament in Sweden

Reactions: Wings4Life

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Surprised that this "B" version of the Swedish U20 team made it look easy. Standouts for me were Holmberg, Leufvenius, Södergran, and Jesper Eliasson. Finns can take solace in the fact that there are still over 4 months to go before the WJC's roll around, and that they too were not playing their full WJC roster.
This was a "B" tournament in general. Russia for example was without NA players and Loko who were in a different tournament. And there are like 3-4 guys who are strong WJC candidates on Loko alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->