4 hour meeting is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Hollywood

Feb 1, 2004
Keetz said:
Bob McKenzies on the hot list right now espn

Thanks bud but do you know if the Conference will be televised on any station in the U.S? When it was supposed to start at 4:45 est ESPN was not talking about anything in regards to the NHL.

Old Hickory

People posted in the other thread that the Press Conference is now at 6pm Et

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
you guys confuse the hell out of me. A few of you have said nothing is announced and a couple said talks will resume next week. Which is it, or both? :dunno:

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Cropduster said:
you guys confuse the hell out of me. A few of you have said nothing is announced and a couple said talks will resume next week. Which is it, or both? :dunno:

We don't know, the owners are behind closed doors. For them to be behind closed doors this long they must be updating all the owners on the proposal, which tells me it is more than what is being reported in the press. I could be wrong, but this is playing out way to much like 94.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Cropduster said:
yes, its both. Nobody knows what happened in the proposal, and talks are scheduled for next tuesday.

Kid Canada

Dec 9, 2004
I really wish she knew what she was talking about. Yario really doesn't have a clue what's going on.

Crows*

NHL side currently in a conference call with all the NHL GM's behind closed doors.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
I think the owners may be willing to work on this. The fact that they moved up the press conference to 6:30 (what I've heard) shows they are at least talking about it amongst themselves. If they were rejecting the proposal outright, they would have had the press conference right away, announced their rejection, and most likely, the cancelation of the season.

:dunno: :dunno:

Kid Canada

Dec 9, 2004
IcemanTBI said:
I think the owners may be willing to work on this. The fact that they moved up the press conference to 6:30 (what I've heard) shows they are at least talking about it amongst themselves. If they were rejecting the proposal outright, they would have had the press conference right away, announced their rejection, and most likely, the cancelation of the season.

As stated in a previous post, and previous threads, Gary Bettman and Bill Daly are on a conference call to the NHL GM's.

Superfluous U

Jan 15, 2004
At a Stone Prison on a Hill
PecaFan said:
It gets better. They've "corrected" their numbers to $600 million.

Salaries have now officially doubled overnight to 2.5 billion. :lol

I think its a rollback on all contracts over the life of the contract, so long term deals see the 24% reduction on the lifetime of the deal, not just next year. So the total negotiated value over the lifetime of all currently signed contracts would have to be somewhat over 2 billion, which doesn't seem unreasonable.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
IcemanTBI said:

I don't understand this "right away" attitude. Just because they didn't come out with a conclusion at the end of the talks doesn't mean a thing. It could mean anything. But I do know one thing, what moron is going to schedule an immediate press conference concerning the future of a season 5 minutes after the NHLPA's proposal? - No one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->