#4 Guelph vs #5 Kitchener

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 12, 2009
Guelph in 6. If Guelph stays out of the box and Popovich plays well (bit of a question mark imo), they've got too much depth. Rangers have 5 30 goal+ scorers, but after those 5 it's a steep decline in production and our defensive depth isn't strong enough to handle all of their offensive lines.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Guelph in 6. If Guelph stays out of the box and Popovich plays well (bit of a question mark imo), they've got too much depth. Rangers have 5 30 goal+ scorers, but after those 5 it's a steep decline in production and our defensive depth isn't strong enough to handle all of their offensive lines.
I agree Torgo. For the Rangers to compete Richy has to find a way to stand on his head. The other thing is our defense. They need solid games where they stay in position. Looking at videos of goals against on clips posted. The Rangers defense just seems to be chasing pucks in a panic and not covering completely open opposing players. They just seem to lack confidence in their partners to do the right thing. Rangers have a penchant for giving up shorties. On paper if the Storm are healthy and have a full squad going into the play offs they should roll through the first two rounds. Their size could be a factor in the play offs if the refs decide to turn a blind eye to the physical side of the game.

Reactions: EvenSteven

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
Guelph has always left me wanting more this season. Maybe round 1 is where they gel as a team and finally put the injury bug behind them. Rivalry series' always have an added upset feel to them but I just think the Storm is too deep and too talented (despite some shortcomings)......Guelph in 5

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Genuine question since is easier to ask you then look it up, what was the record after the deadline?
From Jan 11 onwards....3-1 Kitchener.

Jan 11 Kit 4 Guelph 3 OT
Feb 15 Kit 5 Guelph 2
March 3 Kit 4 Guelph 8
March 10 Kit 5 Guelph 2

2 games each at home

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarantula

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
Two keys to Guelph winning:
1- defence get and stay healthy (takes pressure off Popvich)
2- staying out of penalty box (Kitchener will win games with 6+ Guelph penalties)
Feb 15- 5-2 Kitchener; 2/6 on PP
Mar 3 8-4 Guelph; Kitchener 0/3 PP
Mar 10 5-2 Kitchener; 3/7 on PP

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Storm in 6. The better team wins a 4 out of 7 much more than they don't. And imo the Storm are the better team. Saying that the Rangers are not going to be an easy out and will make Guelph earn it, at least in the early going.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I just get a feeling that Guelph doesn't have the discipline to stay out of the penalty box and Kitchener will make them pay dearly if that's the case. Kitchener has 5 or 6 really good offensive players that came out of nowhere this season. Many would say they overachieved, but is it overachieving if you do it over 68 games. I get the feeling it's a bad match up for Guelph unless Popovich comes up big. I think the Rangers defence has quietly come together since the trade deadline too.

If Kitchener wins one of the first two games in Guelph, which I predict they will, I think Rangers in 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->