4 goaltending system

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I am dabbling with the idea of having 4 goalies. My league is 10-teams, head-to-head categories (G,A,P,PPP,+\-,S,W,Sv%,GAA, SO). My team up front is pretty good, I think it would be able to score enough to compete with other teams. I want to really solidify goaltending (I have Lehner,Andersen, and Grubauer now, I’d like Halak or Korpisalo). The player I’d drop would be Rust. Good idea, bad idea?

RonTextall

Dec 16, 2007
Ottawa
Seems like overkill as you have 3 top G already. Rust is producing. How have you fared in the G categories? How many goalies do other teams have? I'm guessing 2 or 3 if Halak and Korpi are available.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I am dabbling with the idea of having 4 goalies. My league is 10-teams, head-to-head categories (G,A,P,PPP,+\-,S,W,Sv%,GAA, SO). My team up front is pretty good, I think it would be able to score enough to compete with other teams. I want to really solidify goaltending (I have Lehner,Andersen, and Grubauer now, I’d like Halak or Korpisalo). The player I’d drop would be Rust. Good idea, bad idea?
I play in a Keep 5, 14 team keeper league and I currently have 4 goalies. Covid has made it prudent.
Hellebuyck, Lehner/Fleury and Raanta as my 4th. The waiver wire is completely bare except for Backups and even those get scooped regularly each week.

Hoping Raanta gets his platoon role back soon. With 14 teams in the league, each with 2 to 3 goalies, it would make him a valuable trade chip as opposed to insurance. Vegas COVID lockdown meant I literally had only Hellboy and whatever backup I could find for almost 2 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->