Post-Game Talk: #4| Florida Panthers @ New York Islanders | August 7th | 12:00 PM | F/W 5-1

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I honestly feel like we need to win today. I think if this goes five we are out. Our team is so fragile mentally.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I honestly feel like we need to win today. I think if this goes five we are out. Our team is so fragile mentally.

I don’t think so. This team doesn’t usually play 3 bad games in a row since Trotz has gotten here unless they’ve been decimated by injuries which they aren’t right now. Remember too we are technically the road team here again. You have two of the best coaches in the league in this series so matchups might be very important. This could be a series where the team with the home line change wins every game.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I don’t think so. This team doesn’t usually play 3 bad games in a row since Trotz has gotten here unless they’ve been decimated by injuries which they aren’t right now. Remember too we are technically the road team here again. You have two of the best coaches in the league in this series so matchups might be very important. This could be a series where the team with the home line change wins every game.
Do I have to remind you guys of last years playoffs? Everything was great riding high sweeping the Pens then we lose the first two games against Carolina. Done in a sweep including an embarrassing game four performance.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Do I have to remind you guys of last years playoffs? Everything was great riding high sweeping the Pens then we lose the first two games against Carolina. Done in a sweep including an embarrassing game four performance.

The loss of Boychuk killed them in games 3 and 4. It was less of a factor in 1 and 2 because they were home. That said the Isles mostly dominated the first 3 games of that series. If you played those games 100 times I think only 3 out of the 100 would they have been down 3-0

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lehner wasn't sharp in that series and Boychuk was replaced by brutal Thomas Hickey. Things went downhill fast. Different situations.

Reactions: PWJunior

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If they don't win today it'll be a shit show here. Disgruntled Isles fans airing their grievances after drinking all day. Great combo!

I mean I’ll be perfectly honest. Unless we draw Philly or Washington which looks unlikely at the moment we are probably toast anyway. I just can’t envision Boston continues to play this badly and Tampa is on a mission this year despite the fact I feel the Isles aren’t a great matchup for their style

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Hopefully the isles can finish the panthers off today.
Let's go Isles

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I mean I’ll be perfectly honest. Unless we draw Philly or Washington which looks unlikely at the moment we are probably toast anyway. I just can’t envision Boston continues to play this badly and Tampa is on a mission this year despite the fact I feel the Isles aren’t a great matchup for their style
The way the Flyers are playing now I want no part of them.

Reactions: mm11

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
If we win, we have a roughly equal chance of playing any of the top 4 teams. If Montreal beats Pittsburgh, we would play the winner of the Washington-Boston game. If Pittsburgh wins, we would play the loser of the Tampa-Philly game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kuhnackl was doing all you could ask of him though Uncle Leo is pretty systematic and annoying (for the opposition) in these kind of games.
The one thing Leo will bring is more edge. I agree Knuckles was good, but Trotz may not have liked the fight in game 3. I agree, maybe Leo can get the boys into the game. It's one of those things you won't see in the stats sheet, but you will feel it if Leo is at his annoying best.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->