GDT: [#4] Detroit Red Wings @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW) - Back in black

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Gurianov has an assist on the ENG so he also has 3 points and now 7 on the season .

He's looked amazing too in regards to how his overall game has developed. From looking like a bust, to a one dimensional scorer, to looking like he's finally figured out how to put all the pieces together.

Reactions: Nikki Potnick

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Boys are we elite?

Detroit is terrible but yes we are pretty damn good. Dominating to a 4-0 season start without 5 of our 12 forwards, including (arguably) our #1 C, #2 C, #1 LW who is also our captain, two other top 9 wingers, and our #1 goalie. I miss my Comeau falling down.

Yes we are a good team.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oettinger first win as well. Awesome night I thought he played pretty well. Bunch of odd goals

We lost Bishop and still have one of the best goalie tandems in the league. Otter looked good tonight, like you said, weird goals.

I'll believe in him the next time he starts just the same as I did tonight.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
We lost Bishop and still have one of the best goalie tandems in the league. Otter looked good tonight, like you said, weird goals.

I'll believe in him the next time he starts just the same as I did tonight.

Yeah, I think he just needs to get used to dealing with traffic in front of him, it's the only time I saw him look noticeably rookie-ish (aside from some of the covers).

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Huge night for the kids, Dellandrea's been one of the most exciting players to watch so far this year along with Gurianov who is now a legit top 6 forward.
Hopefully this game sparks a bit of confidence for Heiskanen whose been shaky with the puck the previous games.
Oettinger didn't have too much of a chance on the goals that did go in so looking forward to his next start.
Special shoutouts to Kero and Dowling for just being able to be plugged into the lineups and play well.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah, I think he just needs to get used to dealing with traffic in front of him, it's the only time I saw him look noticeably rookie-ish (aside from some of the covers).

Exactly, he looked rookie-ish with some things, but he also looks like a player who will adapt quickly.

Kid also had to be nervous about his first start.

Reactions: Miro Heineken

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oettinger was out of position a couple of times and was helped out by the defense. Not on the goals though. No chance on those. 2 rebound goals and a wierd unneccesary deflection by Dowling.

Overall he was fine. It was good to play him against the bad Redwings to get him acclimated. He's going to have to play a decent chunk of games with the condensed schedule.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Seeing that Gury goal again I have to ask how he even got the shot off. I forget who said it earlier in the thread (sorry) but his shot wasn't weak it was clearly defended by the Wings and still had enough power to get to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad