Prospect Info: #4 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update

Who is the #4 Capitals Top Prospect Spring 2020?

• Kody Clark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eric Florchuk

• Shane Gersirch

• Mitchell Gibson

• Connor Hobbs

• Martin Hugo Has

• Lucas Johansen

• Axel Jonsson-Fjallby

• Alex Kannok-Leiper

• Beck Malenstyn

• Bobby Nardella

• Garrett Pilon

• Brian Pinho

• Damien Riat

• Joe Snively

• Riley Sutter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
8481580.jpg

1) Connor McMichael C (12 votes 52.1%) Prospect Info: - #1 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
5' 11" | 174 lb | Age: 18 | 2019 WSH, 1st rd, 25th pk (25th overall)

mf-2-jpg.244935

2) Martin Fehervary LD (21 votes 77.8%) Prospect Info: - #2 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
6' 2" | 194 lb | Age: 19 | 2018 WSH, 2nd rd, 15th pk (46th overall)

webp-net-resizeimage-jpg.244495

3) Alex Alexeyev LD (22 votes 81.5%) Prospect Info: - #3 Capitals Top Prospects 2020 Quarantine Update
6' 4" | 196 lb | Age: 19 | 2018 WSH, 1st rd, 31st pk (31st overall)

Alright guys!

Since all of us are getting a little antsy stuck at home with no hockey, I thought maybe it's a good idea to get into some real hockey discussion again to take our minds off of the more sobering things happening in the world around us today.

And with most of the minor/junior leagues suspended and/or cancelled, it's TIME.....

for the CAPITALS TOP PROSPECTS 2020 Quarantine Update!!

Going to be voted upon again by the most knowledgeable hockey fan base in history.. YOU!

Since we're not sure when we'll have hockey again, let's add to the discussion on who you voted for, what is your estimated date of arrival to the big leagues NHL (if at all), and your realistic expectations for that prospect and how they would fit with the Capitals. Or anything else regarding these prospects.

Again, to be eligible for the poll, player must be 25 years or younger and has played no more than 25 NHL games.

If there is someone I missed in the poll or you think should be added, please post about it below.

I'll leave the polls open for 3 days due to the excessive amount of time we have to kill.. I'll see how it goes and may lengthen or shorten the time if necessary.

I'll post up the winner in the following Top Prospect thread.

VOTE 2020

(you can see that I'm very very bored)

Edit: Switching the poll to 2 days instead of 3

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Talk about a steep drop off. #4 is still pretty clear and obvious, but it gets pretty rough quickly after this one.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Talk about a steep drop off. #4 is still pretty clear and obvious, but it gets pretty rough quickly after this one.

I would agree with this pretty fairly narrow top 4. Admittedly I have recently tended to favor the most difficult positions from the forward perspective.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Please add Sprong to the list.

My ranking for remainimg players:

Tier 1 - Sprong, Protas
Tier 2 - Clark, Leason, Pinho, Vanecek
Tier 3 - Nardella, Snively, Malenstyn, Sutter, Pilon, Riat, Has.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Please add Sprong to the list.

My ranking for remainimg players:

Tier 1 - Sprong, Protas
Tier 2 - Clark, Leason, Pinho, Vanecek
Tier 3 - Nardella, Snively, Malenstyn, Sutter, Pilon, Riat, Has.

Sprong, although still a really young guy (23 years old), has played about 100 NHL games though. I'm not sure if you can consider him a prospect. Certainly not by the NHL's definition.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think as of now it looks like this, but I think Leason helps form the "group of five" next year, plus whoever else they draft in the first round. He was in a rough spot as an overager jumping right to Hershey out of his draft year and will take a step next year.

As an aside, is there any reason to be excited about Riley Sutter or Kody Clark? Haven't heard anything overly positive about them two years removed from the draft.

McMichael

Alexeyev
Feverbaby

Protas

Leason
Nardella
Vanecek

Pinho

Everyone else

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
As an aside, is there any reason to be excited about Riley Sutter or Kody Clark? Haven't heard anything overly positive about them two years removed from the draft.

I don’t know, I kind of put those 2 and Leason in a similar boat right now. All the same age, CHL guys with good size, play the same position, and struggling for the most part as first year pros, which isn’t unusual for a lot of guys.

Sure Leason had a breakout year last year while the other 2 kind of flatlined but so much of that is often one of surrounding talent and opportunities.

Basically I want to see what they all bring next season before I start to consider writing anyone off.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
Wow, another blowout. Quite a jump in the rankings for Mr. Protas. He certainly earned it. The big year one improvement in his skating, despite the fact that he only hit 6’ 6” in the last year, definitely leaves me feeling very hopeful about his ceiling. If his skating continues to improve, then his ceiling will only continue to go up.

Here’s a new interview with him on Nova Caps:

https://novacapsfans.com/2020/04/01/interview-with-the-viper-aliaksei-protas/#more-250846

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This. But it’s Protas in another runaway.

as was mostly expected.

#5 will be a little more diverse, but it should be Vanacek if we are being honest with ourselves... then possibly Leason and/or Nardella.

Then — ahhh. Ummm. Lots of choices.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Wow, another blowout. Quite a jump in the rankings for Mr. Protas. He certainly earned it. The big year one improvement in his skating, despite the fact that he only hit 6’ 6” in the last year, definitely leaves me feeling very hopeful about his ceiling. If his skating continues to improve, then his ceiling will only continue to go up.

Here’s a new interview with him on Nova Caps:
https://novacapsfans.com/2020/04/01/interview-with-the-viper-aliaksei-protas/#more-250846
Interview with “The Viper”, Aliaksei Protas

The Viper? Imagine him and Jake the Snake together. Reptile heaven!

Reactions: Futures Passed

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Based on a mix of potential and performances this season I’d say the tiers are as follows:

In no particular order the next tier is definitely Nardella, Malenstyn, Pinho, AJF, Pilon and Vanecek.

Then Snively, LuJo, Leason, Sutter and Clark.

A lot of the other guys are relatively unknown. I’d maybe put Riat in the Snively tier based on his numbers.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I know the Viper has worked on and improved his skating skills this year. How is he currently speed-wise vs Backstrom?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Injuries have derailed the progression for both. They could still get on track, but keep expectations in check for now. Injuries are also a pretty frequent reason why prospects end up busting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->