GDT: 4/8: Game 82: Win It For Rene: Bruins vs. Panthers: 7:42pm ET: NESN, NHLN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I would really like to not meet the Leafs on the 1st round to avoid the extra drama.

People need to buck up! Playoffs are all about drama. Bring it on! That's what makes it exciting. If the Leafs are so dangerous, we'll have to beat them eventually. 1st round, 2nd round, whatever.

Having said that, I'd prefer the Bruins get #1 so they have home ice. It can matter to the outcome of a close game for the coach to be able to get the matchups out there that he wants.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
People need to buck up! Playoffs are all about drama. Bring it on! That's what makes it exciting. If the Leafs are so dangerous, we'll have to beat them eventually. 1st round, 2nd round, whatever.

Having said that, I'd prefer the Bruins get #1 so they have home ice. It can matter to the outcome of a close game for the coach to be able to get the matchups out there that he wants.

Fine on the 2nd round, I'd like to be able to breath a bit on the 1st round and get the injured guys going.
Home ice is massive for Bruins with all the 2way guys.

Reactions: Mpasta

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I read through their short GDT. I won't be posting there as I do NOT hate Brad Marchand.:help:

Just had a quick look through. It’s actually a replication of their fans who show up for games. Mostly one or two guys mouthing off on 4 pages of posts at a couple of Bruins posters fishing for likes from salivating leaf teenagers

In other words, lotsa empty seats there...

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
For me I want the 1 seed so that we don’t have to play the Leafs AND Tampa in the playoffs. One of the reasons I hate the new playoff format is because of the possibility to play so many of your divion rivals. I don’t care what happens in the season, playing division rivals in the playoffs is a crap shoot that can go either way.

Get home ice and only have to play one team in your division. It’s the much safer play.

Reactions: missingchicklet

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Wow, I took a glance at the Panthers preGDT and I am astonished at the hate for the Bruins. Do we have a history with them? I mean, the Panthers were never relevant enough to create one, I thought.

Like mentioned already, lol @ Leafs fans hoping to get the Bruins... They really think that they would walk over us.

Reactions: Alicat

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Wow, I took a glance at the Panthers preGDT and I am astonished at the hate for the Bruins. Do we have a history with them? I mean, the Panthers were never relevant enough to create one, I thought.

Like mentioned already, lol @ Leafs fans hoping to get the Bruins... They really think that they would walk over us.

The Panthers would of have to make the playoffs for us to have a playoff history

Reactions: sooshii

JuanBruin

Apr 7, 2018
La Plata, Argentina
This one already feels like a playoff game, those pre-game nerves are definitely back. This regular season has been remarkable, I'm really impressed with the way our team responded, dealing with injuries and suspensions, they truly deserve to win the division. December and January were so fun to watch the Bruins.

I wish we could have rested some players but winning the division would make it totally worth it. Go Bruins!! And no injuries please!

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Maybe the sun in florida causes clairvoyance and Panther fans already know the result of tonights game...hence the hate..

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Some are upset about Barkov being hurt and the majority of the last 2 pages are a few Leafs fans who got pissed and declare F the Bruins and the fan base.

Honestly, it’s ridiculous.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Rene.gif

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
It's really sad to see some of the moronic posts from some of our less mature fans on Florida's board. I hate how poorly it reflects on Leafnation, but I digress.

I just want to say that whatever happens tonight, there's a lot more respect that Leafs fans have for the Bruins than you might think. You'll find the more intelligible Leafs fans pretty much understand we'll be clear underdogs whether we face the Bruins or Tampa. Some say they would prefer facing Boston to exercise game 7 demons of the past, some just think Tampa is better. Either way, we know Boston will be one hell of a challenge and there is a lot of respect there for what you guys have done down the stretch this season.

I hope you guys stay clear of injury tonight and if we do face off in round 1 we can have a fair, tough, and exciting playoff series. Best of luck!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Good news, everyone! My satellite radio says we’ll win. Driving today, “Livin on a Prayer” came on...by Bon Jovi, from Jersey. Then flipped stations, and caught Bruce Springsteen - also Jersey.

A sure sign we’ll see the Devils Thursday.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad