GDT: 4/8: Game 82: Win It For Rene: Bruins vs. Panthers: 7:42pm ET: NESN, NHLN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
full

full

full

Boston Bruins (50-19-12 112 points) vs. Florida Panthers (43-30-8 94 points)

7:42pm ET

National TV: NHLN
Boston TV/Radio: NESN(HD), 98.5 The Sports Hub FM
Florida TV/Radio: SN, WQAM

full

TD Garden, Boston, MA

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

Florida Panthers Twitter
Panthers GDT

*All from Official Boston Bruins Website

Recap: OTT 2, BOS 5

Bruins Beat Sens; Can Clinch Top Seed with Victory in Game 82

Rick Nash Nearing A Return

Bruins Announce 2017-18 Season Awards

Bruins Week Ahead: April 6 - April 13

Czarnik Named to AHL Second All-Star Team

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Tuukka Rask
34-13-0-5 .919 Sv% 2.33 GAA 3 SO 2A 2 Pts. 4PIM

full

full

James Reimer
21-14-0-6 .912 Sv% 3.00 GAA 4 SO 1A 1Pt. 4PIM

full

full

Congrats to the Providence Bruins!

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Bruins can lock up the top seed in the Eastern Conference with one more win - The Boston Globe

“Here we are,” coach Bruce Cassidy said of the win (regulation, overtime, or shootout) that would grant the Bruins the top seed in the Eastern Conference. “We’re in a position to take it. That’s a credit to the guys. We’ve worked hard to get here. This wasn’t by accident. We didn’t back in, I don’t think. Tampa, they beat us the other night in their building. They deserved to win that game. We thought, ‘Well, it might be a little tougher.’ But here we are.”

“There’s pressure, obviously, to win,” Cassidy said of Game No. 82. “You want that No. 1 seed. When you have pressure and you have expectation, what does that tell you? It means you’re good. So you’ve got to be able to handle it. As a professional athlete, you want that. There is an expectation. We’ve raised that during the year. In November, I don’t think it was there. It was, ‘Let’s get in. Let’s play well, see where we can go.’ Now, what have we got here? We can have home ice throughout the whole playoffs. We’re a very good home team. However it turns out tomorrow, there’s no easy team in the NHL playoffs.”

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Lets go Bs.

@Alicat Great GDT as usual, but I think you have the points wrong in the game information section. Thought I’d let you know.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The Bruins can lock up the top seed in the Eastern Conference with one more win - The Boston Globe

“Here we are,” coach Bruce Cassidy said of the win (regulation, overtime, or shootout) that would grant the Bruins the top seed in the Eastern Conference. “We’re in a position to take it. That’s a credit to the guys. We’ve worked hard to get here. This wasn’t by accident. We didn’t back in, I don’t think. Tampa, they beat us the other night in their building. They deserved to win that game. We thought, ‘Well, it might be a little tougher.’ But here we are.”

Hey Taaammpa

iu

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
“There’s pressure, obviously, to win,” Cassidy said of Game No. 82. “You want that No. 1 seed. When you have pressure and you have expectation, what does that tell you? It means you’re good. So you’ve got to be able to handle it. As a professional athlete, you want that. There is an expectation. We’ve raised that during the year. In November, I don’t think it was there. It was, ‘Let’s get in. Let’s play well, see where we can go.’ Now, what have we got here? We can have home ice throughout the whole playoffs. We’re a very good home team. However it turns out tomorrow, there’s no easy team in the NHL playoffs.”

Great point here by Cassidy, and it is THE reason why you don't sit guys tonight. There's pressure to win; to get the 1st seed/home ice. It's not exactly an elimination game, per se, but there is a lot riding on it.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Please win this so the tickets I bought for next Saturday in Tampa don't end up being a Bolts/Devils game. Thanks in advance.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

do09.jpg
wm04.jpg

Referees Dan O'Rourke (9), Wes McCauley (4)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Brian Mach (78)

Supervisor Paul Devorski

HarmoniousSpicyIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Getting the first goal,yes what a novel idea that would be.Lol

I can’t remember the last time they score 1st! :laugh:

One thing is certain, they won’t be in unknown territory if they allow the first goal in the playoffs. And unlike previous years, they have showed they can come back from deficits this year with the best record in the league after allowing the 1st goal.

Just win and bring on NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->