T REX

Feb 28, 2013
We have been blessed for 2 cup runs

They look like they are spent.

Expect a quick exit and a retool.

Palat is garbage.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Pretty good game overall, back and forth. Competitive first, rough second and a really solid third. But this was one of our better ones in awhile.

Kucherov's terrible attitude present yet again, and he wasn't even in the frame when Boston scored the winner. Skating away while there is a puck battle behind the net, lol.

Stamkos needs his mojo back, and I just feel bad for Palat at this point. I wonder if he is battling injury, seems like he is always hunched over at the bench.

Some positives: Vasilevskiy showed up. Sergachev-Cernak pairing has some nice elements to it. Hagel was noticeable. Even Foote is looking more comfortable and confident, despite some mistakes and limited ice time.

Reactions: NatoGhost and Hoek

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Trash team, likely one and done come playoffs. I’ll admit I didn’t watch the game, it’s too garb right now to enjoy.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Thought he might be injured earlier but they would have sat him by now...

I think it is mental tbh

Very thankful for the last few years and so glad cooper shut me up

Reactions: NatoGhost

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
For some perspective, read tonights canes gdt it is so similar to our threads.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I have seen moments of play that look really good. We aren't playing complete games but some periods we look good. Gotta find a way to play a complete game soon.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Not sure if I prefer Carolina or Toronto. Not sure if I prefer Pitt or FL after that. These games are meaningless but the level of play is concerning. The 3rd period is something to build on, let’s hope we see the lines gel.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Really wasn't a bad game for us. I feel like the ice was tilted a bit in our favor. If we had had that game in the middle of a better stretch, we would feel okay with it.

We need to pound Buffalo into the ice.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
The disrespect for Palat... huge part of both cup runs, especially 2020.

Probably playing injured and while he's been horrible for a couple months, I don't get some of these comments.

I get wanting to see us win, but these are meaningless games. A brand new season starts in a few weeks, the only one that matters.
Is it any real surprise? Who's hasn't this board been willing to throw overboard in the last few years? Stamkos? Palat? Kucherov? Cooper? Frankly, it's one of the worst parts of Hfboards (tbf other team specific boards are no different), it's why I get on users like Gongshow (nothing against him, he's passionate and that's cool, so am I). Reality though, is we're right there with Chicago and Pittsburgh as the most successful organization in the sport since coming into the league (not just since 2015, but since our freaking inaugural season). Just think about teams like Carolina or Dallas or Anaheim (one cup each), or older clubs like St. louis or Washington (one cup, but way older than TB). Nevermind Florida or Vancouver or SJ or Nashville (zero cups). Oh, and what about nr. 26? Or 86, 77, 91 or 88 and the individual awards they've racked up all being HoF (or future HoF)? Just a little perspective for a fan base that's maybe a little spoiled...

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Is it any real surprise? Who's hasn't this board been willing to throw overboard in the last few years? Stamkos? Palat? Kucherov? Cooper? Frankly, it's one of the worst parts of Hfboards (tbf other team specific boards are no different), it's why I get on users like Gongshow (nothing against him, he's passionate and that's cool, so am I). Reality though, is we're right there with Chicago and Pittsburgh as the most successful organization in the sport since coming into the league (not just since 2015, but since our freaking inaugural season). Just think about teams like Carolina or Dallas or Anaheim (one cup each), or older clubs like St. louis or Washington (one cup, but way older than TB). Nevermind Florida or Vancouver or SJ or Nashville (zero cups). Oh, and what about nr. 26? Or 86, 77, 91 or 88 and the individual awards they've racked up all being HoF (or future HoF)? Just a little perspective for a fan base that's maybe a little spoiled...

You're forgetting Detroit and New Jersey in this, but yes it's true that we're tied with several teams for #2 in Cups won since the '92-'93 season, and considering it's not our fault we didn't exist before then, that's the only Cup rankings list I care about.

Detroit - 4
Tampa/Chicago/New Jersey/Pittsburgh - 3
Colorado/Los Angeles - 2
Montréal - 1
NY Rangers - 1
Dallas - 1
Carolina - 1
Anaheim - 1
Boston - 1
Washington - 1
St. Louis - 1

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'll just say this it's a long season. These guys that have been together a long time know this as well as anyone out there. They've obviously played better over the last few years going into the tournament than they have been. Maybe they're banged up or burned out from from all games played? It's also possible they know they're in and if they play their game they'll be fine. They scheduled a ton of games in a small amount of time and whenever you arent going 100 percent and the other team is it looks like shit and lets be honest weve seen it plenty of times. I wish they were looking better overall lately too but they also got that wisdom we can't discount from all their previous experience here. Playoffs are when it really matters. Again hoping for best.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Why is a guy who hasn't scored in three months on the first line and on the PP? If he's hurt like some are saying it's even more stupid to play him there.

It was a better game than most recently, but once again, we can't beat a good team. I don't think you can call it a funk either when it's been going for two months. At this point, this is the level the team's at.

Kuch should also stop embrarrassing himself throwing hissy fits when everything isn't going his way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad