GDT: 4/7: Game 81: Limp To The Finish: Bruins vs. Ottawa Senators 7:14 PM - NESN, TVAS, CITY, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Playoffs too?Hope there are lots
Yep. I hope if they go to the finals ( I know a long shot) that they don't play 7 games in each round. Too expensive. I didn't consider the B's going to the playoffs this season until about Dec so I haven't put enough $$ aside. Oh well....credit card will take a hit

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
ulg6xdb.jpg

Now there was a joke for years that Liz Dufresne was murdered by her husband at their seaside vacation home in Maine. The husband was sentenced to life in prison but somehow escaped and was never found.

It was confirmed by the Bruins last year that Stephen King chose the name Dufresne as he remembered the trophy from listening to Bruins games on radio.

Andy+Dufrasne+Banker+from+the+1940s.jpg

As if I needed another reason to love Stephen King! Interesting as always, Fenway. :thumbu:

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yep. I hope if they go to the finals ( I know a long shot) that they don't play 7 games in each round. Too expensive. I didn't consider the B's going to the playoffs this season until about Dec so I haven't put enough $$ aside. Oh well....credit card will take a hit
Well here’s hoping you have to really rack up that credit card.:thumbu:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'll have to add this to my collection of Hags Face - I've already got Hags/Vesey, Hags/Beleskey, and Hags/Pasta. All three of the players have that same "who the %&*(#$&%(*&$ is this guy?" look on their face that Marchy has.

If that's the Dufresne trophy (and 99% it is, since it's presented by the Boston chapter of the PHWA, and you-know-who is the head of that), then the pic is either from last year or 2011-12, and they made the playoffs both times - although both times it was one-and-done.

But you're spot on in remembering the awkward shirt-off-our-backs of 2015-6.

The Senators had just beat the Bruins 6-1...and if you're wondering what AHL goalie Jeremy Smith was doing there, he had to speed up 95 from Providence, because that was the game that some people seem to think Rask should have played in despite a last-minute illness. (Seriously, did they want him to paint the crease brown?) They had to wait to see if the Flyers would eliminate them...and they did, for the second year in a row.

Compare to 2013-4, the Presidents Trophy year:

The guy from 2016 pissed everyone I was with off. One of us would have gladly taken his spot. I felt so bad for Liles and Ferraro.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Elizabeth Dufresne was a young woman who went to all the games in the late 20's and 30's. She became ill and died and her friends endowed the trophy bearing her name.

4a4913d652e4197a764d79f2d68d0a36.jpg

Those are my favourite kind of trophies. Same reason why I still like the Lady Byng.

Reactions: Ladyfan

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Watching NHL Network, Tampa up 3- 2 over Sabres after 1 period. Don't see Buff having any chance of winning this but I hope I'm wrong.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Now 4-2 Tampa.
Well unless we see a miracle- not sure the Rick Nash trade was a good move. Might play a few playoff games and poof gone.

Reactions: Estlin

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Huh, now tied at 4 between Buff and Tampa, late 2nd......come on, Mr. Eichel, help your hometown team out with a couple in the 3rd....lol

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The guy from 2016 pissed everyone I was with off. One of us would have gladly taken his spot. I felt so bad for Liles and Ferraro.

I'm very non-discriminating in terms of Bruins autograph knick-knacks, especially if it has a story - heck, I love my Beleskey cap because it reminds me of the solar eclipse and my stupidly mistaking Sweetgreen for Starbucks (oops!). I can't imagine not giving a sympathetic smile and pat on the back to a player in a situation like that...hell, even if it was Rinaldo, I'd be grateful (sorry Ladyfan). And heck, if you're observant, you can guess who you're gonna get once they line you up: numerical order, except that the captain comes last. Hide the disappointment, just like your momma taught you when you got a scarf from Grandma for Christmas.

The game tomorrow looks like it might matter, if the Sabres can keep it up...oh, wait. That's a big if...

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'll be with LF for all the home games--playoffs included...getting my playoff-only cowbell ready..been bringing it to Bruins playoff games since 1970's. It stays in a drawer, wrapped in a playoff towel, until the playoffs start:towel:
Here we go :bruinsHere we go:clap::clap:
Have fun I hope

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I wonder if maybe by the 3rd period coach will know he can start resting guys. I want to win the division, but second to that I'd love a meaningless game 82.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Yes that was embarrassing. I wonder if he ever realized how he looked!?!

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm very non-discriminating in terms of Bruins autograph knick-knacks, especially if it has a story - heck, I love my Beleskey cap because it reminds me of the solar eclipse and my stupidly mistaking Sweetgreen for Starbucks (oops!). I can't imagine not giving a sympathetic smile and pat on the back to a player in a situation like that...hell, even if it was Rinaldo, I'd be grateful (sorry Ladyfan). And heck, if you're observant, you can guess who you're gonna get once they line you up: numerical order, except that the captain comes last. Hide the disappointment, just like your momma taught you when you got a scarf from Grandma for Christmas.

The game tomorrow looks like it might matter, if the Sabres can keep it up...oh, wait. That's a big if...
If you get a shirt off the back please don't make a face . The players can't help who gets their shirt. I got Nokie's years ago (would have loved the Muzz jersey). I washed it and wore it to the next game. Nokie noticed and gave me a smile and a nod.

After Sheriff Shane Hnidy left the B's (the first time) one of the guys who work behind the bench gave me his helmet. When the B's brought him back in 2011 I told him I had his helmet. He said that's Ok he would get another.

I know I am a homer but I find the B's players to be a good bunch.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My daughter puts her 16-1 record on the line today (Edmonton of all teams) while I put my 19-0 record to make it 20-0. I never remembered seeing a loss this year and she keeps ticket stubs and game programs and lo and behold 19-0. I had 25 games and 3 of 5 gave to friends they lost lol

I'm going 20-0 and Carolina beating Tampa

Tomorrow will be fascinating to see how Boston plays it with Florida eliminated and the number 1 seed at stake

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
My daughter puts her 16-1 record on the line today (Edmonton of all teams) while I put my 19-0 record to make it 20-0. I never remembered seeing a loss this year and she keeps ticket stubs and game programs and lo and behold 19-0. I had 25 games and 3 of 5 gave to friends they lost lol

I'm going 20-0 and Carolina beating Tampa

Tomorrow will be fascinating to see how Boston plays it with Florida eliminated and the number 1 seed at stake

If the Bruins have a chance to play for the top seed you go for it. I'm pretty sure you
remember Gm 7 2011 Semi-final against TB. #HOMEICE

Reactions: BiGBear8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->