GDT: 4/7/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
These are often two way streets though. That game was in February, two months ago now. Easy enough to remember missed chances on our end, but I'm sure Toronto let some chances go as well. And wasting chances can happen again in the playoffs too.

Also, again, Matthews is their best player and he only played one game against us. Them having their 40-goal scoring #1C is a big difference.
I remember that 4-3 L game only because I remember what I have said after that game.
And believe me that I cannot traslate it because mod would ban me xD xD xD
Of course Matthews is a big player, but it's one. A single player does not decide anything. It's a team sports...it's not golf or tennis.
We've to consider, so, the entire team, both our and their.
Did Matthews not play 3 games against us? It's not our problem.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The team in Toronto doesn't scare me. Those other guys in Toronto scare me. That's our biggest hurdle at the moment.

Reactions: DaBolts

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Did Matthews not play 3 games against us? It's not our problem.

Well, yes, the Lightning can only play who their opponent ices and they have no control over that but where it becomes relevant is that if you wanted to go back and watch those games for some kind of analytical value, the value is compromised a bit because Matthews was a big piece that was missing who won't be when this series starts next week. Lightning did what they had to do, but they won't benefit from his absence moving forward. That stuff doesn't matter anymore. They're going to have to beat a Toronto team with their best player now in the lineup.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Well, yes, the Lightning can only play who their opponent ices and they have no control over that but where it becomes relevant is that if you wanted to go back and watch those games for some kind of analytical value, the value is compromised a bit because Matthews was a big piece that was missing who won't be when this series starts next week. Lightning did what they had to do, but they won't benefit from his absence moving forward. That stuff doesn't matter anymore. They're going to have to beat a Toronto team with their best player now in the lineup.
I don't care about Matthews presence or not in these games. Because you don't know what would happen with Matthews in the lineup.
You can say that with Auston, Leafs would have won all the meetings we've.
I could say that, with Matthews, we'd be up 4-0-0.
We don't know that: so I don't go back to see "ok, we've won but Matthews". "We've won and they've lost" it's the only thing to say.
Because, if you consider all the absences, you start a trip that never ends. Because you can think at 2016 Finals, at 2017...ecc ecc ecc...in every situation and in every sports.
But, the most important thing, imho, is: Matthews is a great player, but also with Auston, Toronto is not better than us.
If weìll play as we know, well focused, we'll go into the second round.
Of course yes, if we'll play like in the Arizona game, Toronto will win.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Oh good grief. You've been listening to too many of those scary stories that Toronto fans love to tell.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS GET HYPE
DKUR9Tk.png

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Toronto is tied for the 3rd most pts in the east and 6th most in the NHL all while being locked into the Atlantic 3 hole the last month and resting players at will. It’s a tough draw. Plain and simple.

Tonight mattered.

Reactions: mjtm777

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The last thing, then I really go to bed.

If either you or the Lightning are scared by meeting the 2017-2018 Maple Leafs, it's better that you or they'll stay at home and won't think to win the Cup.
Neither now, not next year.
Never.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
All right, everyone. Time for a serious post. It's been a great year. Lots to be proud of. It's a shame about the playoffs, and the way it all ended, but that's hockey for you. This just wasn't our year.

Anyway, in the hopes of providing some much-needed closure to anyone who needs it, I'm going to be building a bonfire in my backyard to burn everyone's now-useless playoff tickets. Anyone who still has worthless playoff tickets lying around can send them to me (by Tuesday at the latest), and I'll see to it that they're given a proper send-off. I hope everyone has a great summer, and I look forward to enjoying a new season with all of you in the coming months. Go Bolts!

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
With all due respeck to the Devils, they aren't as deep or as scary as the leafs. Their goaltending is a notch above Philadelphia and that's not saying a lot. Kinkaid has done very well for them down the stretch, but playoffs are a different animal and behind him, Schneider has been mediocre. Their goaltending isn't amazing. Their defense isn't amazing either. They play a very structured and sound game due to coaching and players work ethics. They spread the scoring Hall being an offensive juggernaut has carried them a long ways this year. Without him registering a point in nearly every game for over a quarter of the season, they aren't at 97 points. Not trying to diminish their achievement, but they would have been the preferable opponent even if they swept us in the regular season. They have a lot of guys with zero playoff experience, and in a whole, an inferior team.

I don't know how Boston under Cassidy misses this opportunity tomorrow unless the Panthers play the game of their lives. I can imagine they don't want Chara to play against the leafs one series and players like Gourde and Point in another. If they win tomorrow, they catch a lucky break by facing one of the two fastest teams in the east rather than potentially facing both.

The damage done by the devils, I feel, personally, will be a lot less than from the Leafs. Babcock with a much better team than we faced him a few years ago worries me. Not because Toronto is better than us, but because Babcock is better than Cooper. This can be a turning point. Probably my biggest concern, ahead of Vasy struggling and our defense.

Philadelphia and Pittsburgh should make for a grueling matchup. Regardless if it ends in 4 or 5 games, I imagine it will not be an easy one. I could see Columbus making life difficult for Washington if nothing else but it will probably set up a Washington and Pittsburgh 2nd round - again.

Gotta hope for a Panthers win tomorrow.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
Considering that there is no love loss between the cats and us, I can see them shutting down the game early and not getting hurt so Mondays golf game is not interfered with.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure why so many people are pissed to play Toronto instead of New Jersey. If you're a season ticket holder you're going to pay off your entire season selling game 1 and 2, if it goes to 5 or 7 you got your deposit for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad