GDT: 4/6/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Ugly win but I really don't care when it gets us that much closer to a division title. If Boston loses tomorrow we win it. That's the last thing Karlsson could do before joining us in the summer :naughty:

Reactions: T REX

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Ugly win but I really don't care when it gets us that much closer to a division title. If Boston loses tomorrow we win it. That's the last thing Karlsson could do before joining us in the summer :naughty:
He’s not traveling with the team tomorrow, and don’t count on Boston losing three straight.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
That was a great win against the refs. Gourde with his records, Kuch hitting 100pts. Lot of good stuff happened tonight. And I'm gonna have to rewatch the last minute or two of the game to see if Vasy made the kind of save that I think I saw him make.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
That was a great win against the refs. Gourde with his records, Kuch hitting 100pts. Lot of good stuff happened tonight. And I'm gonna have to rewatch the last minute or two of the game to see if Vasy made the kind of save that I think I saw him make.

I dont recall any questionable penalties.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016

I couldn't believe the save he made, don't think anybody really saw it. Sliding mid-air stick save right before the Hedman EN.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I love you too, man. But, sorry, no such luck, just for the remainder of that abortion that just took place. Vasy 5 GA and on the PK, a robust 3 for 5! You must be so happy.

At the very least, we won a game we should have lost. Its something, and when Boston is spending their last few games pooping it up more then we are, then I will take it

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
The best part of the game was Heddy’s seeing eye rolling puck goal. The rest was a trashy and lucky win. He was trying hard not to crack up laughing.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I dont recall any questionable penalties.
They were letting enough stuff go that the fact that they conveniently remembered their whistles every time we regained the lead was odd. It's nothing new this year. I'm not saying it's dubious, per se. More entertainment management than game fixing, in my opinion. And I suspect it's happening with the league's blessing, to enhance the spectacle. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it's looked to me.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I couldn't believe the save he made, don't think anybody really saw it. Sliding mid-air stick save right before the Hedman EN.
Lol. That's exactly what I thought I saw, but until I see it again, I'm going to remain in a state of quasi-disbelief. Wow. With the game on the line, too.

Reactions: J T Money

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
At the very least, we won a game we should have lost. Its something, and when Boston is spending their last few games pooping it up more then we are, then I will take it
"A game we should have lost"? WTF? Buffalo should have never been in the game. That's the point. The Lightning are superior in every way and yet that POS is what they came up with? Doesn't a team want it's PK to be sharp going into the playoffs? Don't they want their goalie sharp going into the playoffs? So you keep cheering and I'll keep wondering what it is your cheering for.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
"A game we should have lost"? WTF? Buffalo should have never been in the game. That's the point. The Lightning are superior in every way and yet that POS is what they came up with? Doesn't a team want it's PK to be sharp going into the playoffs? Don't they want their goalie sharp going into the playoffs? So you keep cheering and I'll keep wondering what it is your cheering for.

A game we should have lost at that point in time when we all thought it was a guaranteed loss after we blew the lead and had nothing going*

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Although, sometimes I wonder how new you are to watching the NHL. A bottom feeder beating a top team happens routinely in this league. This isnt the NFL, or the CHL even. You seem to be mindblown at the thought of Buffalo being in this game at all.

In saying that, tonight should have been different with what was on the line. Disappointing showing

Reactions: berlin and Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Those are the best wins, by far, especially when they matter more in the standings. Plus, we play tomorrow. Going 110% and blowing Buffalo out of the water tonight might mean a tired team tomorrow in another game we need to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->