GDT: 4/5/23 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Yeah This was jeannots time to shine and he disappointed in a big way. Dude sucks at the very least he could stand up for his teammates. Major disappointment so far.

Reactions: Stammertime91

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Didn’t like how it was 4-3 heading into the 3rd and then the game got away from us. Didn’t like the pylon defense on some of our goals against. Took too many penalties. Otherwise though guys treated this nothing game as a playoff one and that’s the right mindset heading towards the end here. Just keep it up these last few games

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
this is vastly different than the Jeannot of last year. he was a very willing combatant every game. this year he was much more selective.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yeah This was jeannots time to shine and he disappointed in a big way. Dude sucks at the very least he could stand up for his teammates. Major disappointment so far.
The narrative "why get hurt?" Or "save it for playoffs" is bullshit when Colton is flying off the turnbuckle with gloves off, Maroon STILL fighting and Perry dropping em twice.

Meanwhile Jeannot looks like f***ing Farmer Fran from the Waterboy just moping around.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The game was actually competitive. We lost the goalie battle. Vasy made some great saves, but let in one that was horrendously bad and another that was weak to say the least.

TNT telecast was more one-sided than the MSG Rangers home crew, and I don't think I have ever complained about a national broadcast.

Jeannot had a rough game for sure, but the shit talk here is over the top, nobody was going to fight him. Prior to tonight, the Jeannot-Bellemare-Perry line looked quite effective.

Nick Paul is playing like both wrists are in a cast, I don't know what in the world is going on with him but holy smokes, this guy needs a goal.

But it is what it is. Fun game, Vasy just wasn't too sharp.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I know it's only been ~15 games, which is still too small of a sample size to make any real definitive judgements, but Jeannot is not fitting in at all. There's still time for him to make a difference this season, and no doubt tbe plan is for him to be with the team long term, but for now it's just bad.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The game was actually competitive. We lost the goalie battle. Vasy made some great saves, but let in one that was horrendously bad and another that was weak to say the least.

TNT telecast was more one-sided than the MSG Rangers home crew, and I don't think I have ever complained about a national broadcast.

Jeannot had a rough game for sure, but the shit talk here is over the top, nobody was going to fight him. Prior to tonight, the Jeannot-Bellemare-Perry line looked quite effective.

Nick Paul is playing like both wrists are in a cast, I don't know what in the world is going on with him but holy smokes, this guy needs a goal.

But it is what it is. Fun game, Vasy just wasn't too sharp.
Pat Maroon and Corey Perry are having to fight plugs because Doug Glatt wearing 84 skates around shrugging shoulders watching his almost 40 year old linemate fight Harpur.

If at the very least he's not going to fit in because he moves like a sheet of plywood, at least hit someone or get in-between your veteran winger before he has to fight - again. It's warranted. At least Coleman, Goodrow and Savard were doing good things. Paul was productive. Hagel at least tried even though his offense was the Sahara desert. Jeannot does nothing because plays leave him too often. If he's too big and scary to get a combatant, maybe demotion from the 3rd to the 4th (in place of Maroon mind you) isn't enough. Give me Eyssimont over him if he's not gonna throw his weight around.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Pat Maroon and Corey Perry are having to fight plugs because Doug Glatt wearing 84 skates around shrugging shoulders watching his almost 40 year old linemate fight Harpur.

If at the very least he's not going to fit in because he moves like a sheet of plywood, at least hit someone or get in-between your veteran winger before he has to fight - again. It's warranted. At least Coleman, Goodrow and Savard were doing good things. Paul was productive. Hagel at least tried even though his offense was the Sahara desert. Jeannot does nothing because plays leave him too often. If he's too big and scary to get a combatant, maybe demotion from the 3rd to the 4th (in place of Maroon mind you) isn't enough. Give me Eyssimont over him if he's not gonna throw his weight around.
I'm not going to pretend that Jeannot has been great, but he has been throwing his weight around since day 1 and leads TB in hits since he was acquired. 2 fights. You're acting like he should just go jump somebody or take a 3rd man in.

He wasnt on the ice when Maroon fought Harpur (those two have fought before btw), and what's he supposed to do at the end of a 6-3 game...jump in on someone else's beef? Perry asked for it, simple as that.

Jeannot hits and fights as much as 99.9% of the league, it's the other aspects of the game that I'm much more concerned about.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Stopped watching after it was 3-0 and two awful goals given up by Vasy. Seems like we made a bit of a comeback but I won't watch the Rangers a second more I have to.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Corey Perry has a lot of people expressing their appreciation for him with their sticks after the whistle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad