GDT: 4/30/18 - 7:00PM EDT - #2AT Boston VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
The team being outshot is gonna have a big advantage in blocks. We outplayed them in both games. Their top line just doesn't need a whole lot of chances to kill you.
They remind me of the Triplets with their chemistry and opportunistic goals. Maybe not as much in style, but it's really hard to stop a line that gels like that and can play in either end.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
0*bQCzsWmWy-vgnB_d.jpg

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Funny when you think of it, neither Vasy, Hedman, McDonagh, Stamkos or Kucherov had very good games.

Our depth bested Bruins, lead by Points line.

Callahan was a beast on that 5vs3 and had a great game, hitting and working hard, I know it has not worked out that well in the past but I would consider playing him with Stamkos and Kucherov, he could give them some space.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Callahan was a beast on that 5vs3 and had a great game, hitting and working hard, I know it has not worked out that well in the past but I would consider playing him with Stamkos and Kucherov, he could give them some space.

Would like to maybe see him moved up with Gourde and Killorn on the 3rd line. It gives him more opportunity but does not make him play over his head either. Can still be in a shutdown role there and also create some more offense, playing with Gourde and Killorn.

Reactions: Maelmoor

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would like to maybe see him moved up with Gourde and Killorn on the 3rd line. It gives him more opportunity but does not make him play over his head either. Can still be in a shutdown role there and also create some more offense, playing with Gourde and Killorn.

I'd rather see Stamkos moved down than Callahan bumped up. The 4th line has been too effective to mess with, IMO. We're finally getting good games out of Paquette.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I hate to say it but Callahan needs to just stay where he is and we need not fix what isn't broken. Lucky for us he hasn't lost a step in his current role. He was damn near A+ last night and I'm fairly sure we can expect more of that from him. For almost 2 years we've been finding out the hard way that trying plug him in for better offensive production is like trying to paint the white roses red. The guy has simply been through too much to be the offensive catalyst he once was.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hate to say it but Callahan needs to just stay where he is and we need not fix what isn't broken. Lucky for us he hasn't lost a step in his current role. He was damn near A+ last night and I'm fairly sure we can expect more of that from him. For almost 2 years we've been finding out the hard way that trying plug him in for better offensive production is like trying to paint the white roses red. The guy has simply been through too much to be the offensive catalyst he once was.

Well throwing him on the top line would not be good. But the 3rd line would be just a small bump up where I think he can still play his shutdown and physical game and create a little more offense. But the 4th line has been one of the better lines so if it ain’t broken you are right.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Well throwing him on the top line would not be good. But the 3rd line would be just a small bump up where I think he can still play his shutdown and physical game and create a little more offense. But the 4th line has been one of the better lines so if it ain’t broken you are right.

Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. There’s no reason to. The 4th line was humming. The 3rd line was also strong in terms of possession. Cooper isn’t going to tweak the lines, anyways.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
After a visit to the main boards I found it interesting how they are adimant that Tampa fans admit the slash on Marchand was uncalled and could have had Bearing on the outcome yet fail to look at the fact not even 10 seconds of game time earlier Marchand was holding a stick that did not belong to him. If we are to admit the slash was erroneously not called then they should be just as willing to say Marchand never should have even had that chance. The score should have still been 3-1 with Tampa on a power play because Mr Marchand was in the box.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’d like to see a shakeup in the top line. Maybe Stammer needs his minutes limited with his injury? Perhaps Gurode can center for Kuch? At least flip Guorde and JT. I think Kuch needs more help, someone else to help drive play. JT is a banger with good hands. A perfect fit if Stammer is healthy, but he’s not. Stammer can’t drive play right now.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
After a visit to the main boards I found it interesting how they are adimant that Tampa fans admit the slash on Marchand was uncalled and could have had Bearing on the outcome yet fail to look at the fact not even 10 seconds of game time earlier Marchand was holding a stick that did not belong to him. If we are to admit the slash was erroneously not called then they should be just as willing to say Marchand never should have even had that chance. The score should have still been 3-1 with Tampa on a power play because Mr Marchand was in the box.
You can’t rationalize the irrational.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We all know the main boards is where common sense goes to die, you interact with the people over there at your own peril.

It's still funny to see how easily they can jump to the conclusion that the slash on Brat Marchand getting called is Boston "almost winning the game" tho.
I mean even if it's a penalty shot, the odds are still massively in the goalie's favor than the opposite. Especially with Vasilevskiy. His save% on shutout is something ridiculous around 90% career-wise, he's the last goaltender to claim that an hypothetical PS would've changed the game.

They really need to calm down with the refs, that's the only thing they're talking about, but something tells me it's a defense mechanism after seeing their team being out-muscled and out-played so far. I can understand the shock because I didn't it expect even myself. In short, they're in a denial.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I love how much of a p***y their entire fan base has turned into. Where were all the muhhhh refs complaint threads when Lucic was there? Or when Ryder was head shotting Blair Jones in the air? Or when Marchand was undercutting other teams superstars? Or kneeing them? Or any of the shenanigans theyve done in the last 5-10 years? That's the funniest part of it all.

An entire generation of their fanbase must have become extinct and a new organism formed this past fall for them to cry foul on the Palat hit, the slash on Marchand, etc when I listed like 4 or 5 calls that could've been penalties and they just ignore it. It was nothing but crickets. They are up there with Toronto and Montreal imo. They are delusional, entitled and arrogant. They've been outplayed for 5 out of 6 periods and if it wasn't for bad goaltending and our usual 3rd period implosion we would be going into their shit hole up 2-0, whereas they think the refs caused them to lose.

They are probably the one fanbase I generalize and really don't care. After 2011 - f*** them.

Reactions: Hoek

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
It has gotten a little surreal. In their insistance that the Stralman play cost them the game, they literally won't even acknowledge that Marchand held McD's stick on their second goal. It's not that they deny it, it's that they simply refuse to even acknowledge it in any way. The entire sequence apart from the puck magicking its way into the net simply didn't happen in their Bocentric version of reality. What a weird people.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I’ve said it for years but the words arrogant and ignorant really sum them up. Anywho let’s get back to hockey talk.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
It'll be interesting to see what Cassidy does at home with the last change. He'll find a somewhat favorable match up for that top line, but it kind of seems like it'll open things up for a natural mismatch for one of our lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->