GDT: 4/3/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Good God man. I totally forgot that guy even existed. TB was so cursed with goalies for so long until Bishop and Vasy.
It's crazy how terrible goaltending has been for this franchise. Here are all Lightning goalies since 1992:

Jean-Claude Bergeron
Zac Bierk
Ben Bishop
Peter Budaj
Sean Burke
Sébastien Caron
Dan Cloutier
Gerald Coleman
Marc Denis
Cédrick Desjardins
Brian Eklund
Dan Ellis
Mark Fitzpatrick
Wade Flaherty
Mathieu Garon
John Grahame
Kristers Gudlevskis
Riku Helenius
Kevin Hodson
Johan Holmqvist
Pat Jablonski
Nikolai Khabibulin
Dieter Kochan
Olaf Kolzig
Evgeny Konstantinov
Anders Lindback
David Littman
Mike McKenna
Evgeni Nabokov
Antero Niittymaki
Rich Parent
Daren Puppa
Karri Ramo
Bill Ranford
Jeff Reese
Dwayne Roloson
Corey Schwab
Mike Smith
Rick Tabaracci
Dustin Tokarski
Andrei Vasilevskiy
Kevin Weekes
Derek Wilkinson
Wendell Young

That's 44 goalies. 2/44 have been true #1: Khabibulin and Bishop. Roloson was stellar for half a season + playoffs. Vasilevskiy is showing great promise in his first year as our #1 goalie, but on the deepest team the Lightning have arguably ever iced in their history. So let's make it 4/44. How depressing is that.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Boy there's some names on that list. I remember thinking Helenius was going to be one of the best in the league. Same with Ramo, but I may have just really liked his name.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's crazy how terrible goaltending has been for this franchise. Here are all Lightning goalies since 1992:

Jean-Claude Bergeron
Zac Bierk
Ben Bishop
Peter Budaj
Sean Burke
Sébastien Caron
Dan Cloutier
Gerald Coleman
Marc Denis
Cédrick Desjardins
Brian Eklund
Dan Ellis
Mark Fitzpatrick
Wade Flaherty
Mathieu Garon
John Grahame
Kristers Gudlevskis
Riku Helenius
Kevin Hodson
Johan Holmqvist
Pat Jablonski
Nikolai Khabibulin
Dieter Kochan
Olaf Kolzig
Evgeny Konstantinov
Anders Lindback
David Littman
Mike McKenna
Evgeni Nabokov
Antero Niittymaki
Rich Parent
Daren Puppa
Karri Ramo
Bill Ranford
Jeff Reese
Dwayne Roloson
Corey Schwab
Mike Smith
Rick Tabaracci
Dustin Tokarski
Andrei Vasilevskiy
Kevin Weekes
Derek Wilkinson
Wendell Young

That's 44 goalies. 2/44 have been true #1: Khabibulin and Bishop. Roloson was stellar for half a season + playoffs. Vasilevskiy is showing great promise in his first year as our #1 goalie, but on the deepest team the Lightning have arguably ever iced in their history. So let's make it 4/44. How depressing is that.
As a fan of goalies, that list is depressing. There's some real shit from the 90's I don't know nothing about but it hasn't been great even after the 2005 lockout when I've gotten to actually watch the games. I remember being excited when we traded for Marc Denis after that shitshow between Burke and Grahame the previous year. Little did I know, that shitshow would be alive and well until we got Roloson in 2011 :laugh:

Reactions: CupsOverCash

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I noticed that Cirelli played 2:56 SH last night.

More than any other *player*. Coop loves that kid.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I noticed that Cirelli played 2:56 SH last night.

More than any other *player*. Coop loves that kid.

Yeah, I noticed that he was out to start every single PK. Kid did not look a bit out of place. Very weird to see these kids like Point and Cirelli come up and be so defensively responsible. Wonder how much of it is drafting a specific "type" of player and how much is focus on defensive development.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
No team plays with 60min efforts consistently, and they still had a winning record during that stretch where playoffs have already been secured. Understandable that motivation isn't as a high at this point of the season - but the leash is significantly longer right now then it was Nov last year yet people post like the playoffs in jeopardy. When the chips are on the table it's fair game but game 76,77,78 and people post stupid comments like "looks like we'll be golfing in April" after a loss is hilarious.

A first round exit barring major injury is on Cooper, an unmotivated/unstructured team in the playoffs leading to a loss is on Cooper, but you know what they aren't going to do right now? Fire Cooper with a week left into playoffs on a franchise setting season. So maybe I'm out to lunch here but being hypercritical at this point is incredibly pointless and a waste of energy. You couldn't do anything to address anything significant right now if you wanted to, no trades, no major roster changes, no coaching changes, you have your team, as is and you have to ride it out. The criticism can wait if and until something needs to be done.

That's fair, but countering shitposting with shitposting isn't productive. The general consensus on the board is that we wait to see how the team looks for Game 1 of the playoffs before putting our hand on the panic button. That still stands.

Also - WTF how do I miss the best game they've played in months. ****ing work man.

Same. Listened to it on the radio though.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Just watched the condensed highlights from the game. They played such a complete game last night. They were fast, physical, quick to attack the puck carrier. Really committed to taking away the space for the Bruins. That was such a damn treat.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Sad to have missed the game but I'm really happy with the result and I'm really happy with the plays I have seen. I hope to see them keep it up since they have proved that they can if they put their minds and work into it.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
All without our #1 C.

Did you miss the game? Not only did our #1C play but he had the GWG.

AR-311239389.jpg

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Good bounce back game just what we needed. One of the most fun of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad