GDT: 4/3/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
huh? Where are the usual posts?

You're delusional if you think this team can turn around 3 months of poor play this close to the playoffs, out in the first round, every playoff team wishes they were the Leafs right now, etc etc

Give me that crow sir...thank you I'll have another!

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
huh? Where are the usual posts?

You're delusional if you think this team can turn around 3 months of poor play this close to the playoffs, out in the first round, every playoff team wishes they were the Leafs right now, etc etc
It's almost as if when the team actually plays with some jump and some effort, fans are happy. Huh. How bizarre.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wait a sec...the team plays with a ton of intensity...a ton of effort against their nemesis...Vasy pitches a shut out(he had given up 40 goals in his last ten games)...and we're happy?

No way. That's crazy!

People told you it'd be alright they'll get there and it did.

No way, crazy.

Reactions: Stamper

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
Too late for the Vezina I think, but nevertheless the best game by Vasy in months. Bruins fans trying to act like this game didn't bother them, but their comments say differently.

Panthers win and Flyers lose, meaning the former is still alive and is basically playing elimination games from here out, so Boston should get their full effort on Thursday. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we need 2 ROWs to close out the season, and for Boston to lose once in regulation or twice in OT/SO, to win the Atlantic. ROW tiebreaker would take care of itself in either scenario.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Some fans from Boston are old. Some fans from Tampa are new. Some fans really work in humid conditions and some shut down when it's cold. Some fan blades are electrifying and some fans are just bitter. I don't like those fans. Matter of fact, I like when fans from Tampa work and when Boston fans, some fans that is, just malfunction. Just some fans.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
That. Was. Fricking. Awesome!!!! :vhappy:

60 minute effort. McD did do much better with Stråls. Might be when he's with Girardi they lapse into bad NYR defense habits together. Plus Strålman is great at mentoring so can help McDonagh settle into our system better.

Coburn looked like beginning of the year Coburn with speed and good plays.

What a FUN game!! :D

Last edited:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The sour stuff from the Bruins is a little surprising. I mean, okay, I'm not sure we got their best game tonight, but tonight was the first time they got anything close to our best game. I mean, we were playing without our captain, in case they didn't notice.

It'll be a grueling series if if the bracket shakes out like that.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bruins fans are mad? Good. I hope this loss stays with them.

Are they upset about that 3rd goal? Did not see any threads here or anything on Twitter. Tampa finally got a GI call to go in their favor. Plus, It was the right call, Paquette did not even touch Rask.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Are they upset about that 3rd goal? Did not see any threads here or anything on Twitter. Tampa finally got a GI call to go in their favor. Plus, It was the right call, Paquette did not even touch Rask.
Well its mainly their GDT. Apparently we have the refs in our pockets.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well its mainly their GDT. Apparently we have the refs in our pockets.

If they only knew. Refs have not been kind to Tampa this season, imo. Willing to bet Tampa leads the league in overturned/disallowed goal calls not going in their favor.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Sounds like I missed a hell of a game. Great win and one we needed to have.

@Sky04 it's pretty clear that everyone here wants the Bolts to play well and succeed. They played one great, 60 minute game in their last 20+. This is the outlier. Let's see how they look Game 83 before we start with the unnecessary shit talk. For all we know they could shit the bed against Buffalo and Carolina and we have the same concerns heading into the playoffs.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Sounds like I missed a hell of a game. Great win and one we needed to have.

@Sky04 it's pretty clear that everyone here wants the Bolts to play well and succeed. They played one great, 60 minute game in their last 20+. This is the outlier. Let's see how they look Game 83 before we start with the unnecessary **** talk. For all we know they could **** the bed against Buffalo and Carolina and we have the same concerns heading into the playoffs.

No team plays with 60min efforts consistently, and they still had a winning record during that stretch where playoffs have already been secured. Understandable that motivation isn't as a high at this point of the season - but the leash is significantly longer right now then it was Nov last year yet people post like the playoffs in jeopardy. When the chips are on the table it's fair game but game 76,77,78 and people post stupid comments like "looks like we'll be golfing in April" after a loss is hilarious.

A first round exit barring major injury is on Cooper, an unmotivated/unstructured team in the playoffs leading to a loss is on Cooper, but you know what they aren't going to do right now? Fire Cooper with a week left into playoffs on a franchise setting season. So maybe I'm out to lunch here but being hypercritical at this point is incredibly pointless and a waste of energy. You couldn't do anything to address anything significant right now if you wanted to, no trades, no major roster changes, no coaching changes, you have your team, as is and you have to ride it out. The criticism can wait if and until something needs to be done.

Reactions: Stamper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad