GDT: 4/3/16 - Wild @ Jets - 7PM CT / 3AM FIN - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
Why couldn't the Avs have gotten hot and surpassed us so we don't have to watch this train wreck of a team get swept in the POs?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why is everyone so bi-polar???

Reflection of the team.

One of the things that I don't like about this team compared to last year's is the fourth line. Last year we had Haula, Brodziak, Carter...we had an advantage there, and they didn't get pushed around. Nice combo of speed, smarts, and thump. This year's fourth line since Haula went up is just meh. No physicality, no forecheck....ineffectual.

Kinda funny that the Avs are losing 5-1 also

Last edited:

hipchecks

#MakeStaalGreatAgain
Mar 3, 2015
Minnesota
If you want overreaction, read the Strib comments on the game story in the morning. Nothing but doom and gloom.

Last edited:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

To get this worked up about one game when the playoff spot is essentially clinched is a total waste of time and energy. Did they play like garbage? Sure, but this game will have no bearing on how they perform when the playoffs start.

They went 2-4 in their final six regular season games leading into the playoffs last season, then went out and beat the top seed in the West pretty convincingly.

Good teams lose to bad teams all the time in the NHL.

I'm not even saying that they'll come out and win a playoff series again but to assume they won't because of the past few games is just dumb.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm usually the eternal optimist, but it's honestly kind of pathetic to come into a game where you can clinch a playoff spot and lose like that.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Realistically, it's not a bad time to rest a bit until the playoffs.

I know that it takes an amazing amount of talent to turn it on when you need to, but the Wild has enough elite talent to win their way through a couple of rounds, and then, who knows...

Let's face it... They're in the post-season, and they know it. That has to affect their effort...

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
To get this worked up about one game when the playoff spot is essentially clinched is a total waste of time and energy. Did they play like garbage? Sure, but this game will have no bearing on how they perform when the playoffs start.

They went 2-4 in their final six regular season games leading into the playoffs last season, then went out and beat the top seed in the West pretty convincingly.

Good teams lose to bad teams all the time in the NHL.

I'm not even saying that they'll come out and win a playoff series again but to assume they won't because of the past few games is just dumb.

Or ya know you could just play well so you are officially in and then coast...

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Hopefully we can turn it back on when the playoffs start (assuming we clinch).

I really don't want any part of Dallas or St. Louis, but I guess I'd choose Dallas if forced.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Hopefully we can turn it back on when the playoffs start (assuming we clinch).

I really don't want any part of Dallas or St. Louis, but I guess I'd choose Dallas if forced.

At this point, we would be hard pressed not to clinch. We literally only need 2 more points, or Colorado to lose one more time, and we're in.

Certainly helps that at the same time we've been losing 3 games, Colorado has been losing just as bad.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
St. Louis chokes in the playoffs, though.

One of my most favorite photoshops/gif

DecentLinearDutchsmoushond.gif

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If we finally clinch this thing, we'll have to discuss playoff avatars. I know we won't be facing the Hawks, but I think they should be the theme. We've been kicked out by them 3 years straight...time to have some fun with it.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
If we finally clinch this thing, we'll have to discuss playoff avatars. I know we won't be facing the Hawks, but I think they should be the theme. We've been kicked out by them 3 years straight...time to have some fun with it.

I refuse to have anything Hawks in my avatar.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
When talking St. Louis or Dallas in the first round I'd take Dallas every time. Their d is no playoff d.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I think Brodin has been playing well recently. The amount of small and effective plays he makes every game is unreal. Plus, looks like he remember he is allowed to shoot the puck from time to time.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
That was pathetic! It looks like Wild are not going to TAKE the playoff spot, Avs are just going to hand it to them. At the moment neither of them deserve it! Arrange a wild card lottery instead, give it to Edmonton.

No really. But they should really play to clinch it. Puck control, pass accuracy, shooting accuracy, team play.. my god! Trying to stay positive though.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Lighten up guys. We're in the PO for all intents and purposes. 2 months ago did you honestly think we'd make it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Lighten up guys. We're in the PO for all intents and purposes. 2 months ago did you honestly think we'd make it?

2 months ago we were in a better position. Yeo was tanking to get Matthews.
Now we will exit early and get some mediocre player from Minnesota or Sweden in the 1st round. :help:

Last edited by a moderator:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
look at the bright side , were a virtual lock for the best draft pick of a playoff bound team whoo hoo! #15 baby! what else is there to get excited about? pathetic game last night. ps luv the plinko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad