GDT: 4/27/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
While we lost, and while losing is probably good for the team long-term as far as the prospect we get out of it, I do take pride that there is no one that can accuse us of tanking. Unless Marty deliberately hit that post with a minute left, they left it on the ice.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Avs won't win. Refs making sure of that. Just called a ******** penalty against the bench as the ref skated by, 55seconds of 5 on 3 for the Wild now.

Don't know how a ref does that in a game that means this much.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well I just breathed a sigh of relief. That was a loss we actually needed. Put us in a good spot for the draft hopefully. Either get some more good prospects... or some good trade picks. We all knew this season was a bust for a while. I'd rather have a really bad short season that will make us better, than finish 10th again and miss out of the good draft picks. I mean, missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Anyway, thanks everyone for hanging around again this season. It's always awesome talking with all you guys here. It wasn't the year we wanted but you all make it bearable and fun. This is a good group we have here so thanks too for making my and the other mods job easy. Take care, have a good night, and hopefully everyone sticks around for the Crunch playoffs and the upcoming draft.

Cheers! :)

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Anyway, thanks everyone for hanging around again this season. It's always awesome talking with all you guys here. It wasn't the year we wanted but you all make it bearable and fun. This is a good group we have here so thanks too for making my and the other mods job easy. Take care, have a good night, and hopefully everyone sticks around for the Crunch playoffs and the upcoming draft.

Cheers! :)

Cheers!

This season was worse than Movie 43. :D

str8shooter

Apr 7, 2013
I am pretty sure that a team has never. Had 2 of the top 5 and actually missed the playoffs. Speaks to how bad the back end was.

Better days ahead.

Anyone needing to upgrade D should send the GM of the Blue Jackets a text message... "Hey, want Ryan Malone? We'll take almost any D you've got!" I'd love to see us get someone like Tyutin. Very good defensive play and can score a bit too.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I can't believe they lost to Florida, I thought they were going to win for sure against them. They have secured the top 3 drafting position. Welcome Jones/Drouin/Mackinnon!

722ish

Mar 1, 2013
I suppose now the hope is that Aulie and Gudas can have a summer like Hedman did last year! Of the few fleeting bright spots, Victor Hedman and his general play was a big one as far as I can tell.
I would think the fire/desire to win from a guy like St Louis must be at least a little infectious and they will take missing the playoffs as motivation!

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Can't remember being more disappointed/frustrated with how a season has gone. Seems like everything started to snowball on that first losing streak and they could never get it turned around. Looking forward to the offseason and hopefully some moves by Yzerman and a training camp with Cooper will get this team back on track when next season starts.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It's actually kind of amazing how much this team underachieved. I'm glad the lottery is Monday.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Seriously...really? It looked like they just skated off the ice on TV. That's not right especially on fan appreciation night.

They came back out and gave away jerseys and hung around. They appreciate the support with a losing team drawing an average of over 19k a night. They turn this around and tix will get pretty hard to get. Here's to a better outcome next season . Wow 5 months without Lightning hockey...that sucks!

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
They came back out and gave away jerseys and hung around. They appreciate the support with a losing team drawing an average of over 19k a night. They turn this around and tix will get pretty hard to get. Here's to a better outcome next season . Wow 5 months without Lightning hockey...that sucks!

Okay that's better....I didn't watch the postgame show. Just thought that was really odd.

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009
Well, another season in the books. A miserable one.

Though my favourite part is always reading the comments here of like-minded fans of Tampa since I don't have anyone to talk about them up North here in Ottawa lol.

See ya'll next season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad