GDT: 4/25/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
actually glad for the loss. We don't need wins right now. These are meaningless games, and wins only move us up (or i guess technically down) the draft board. Sure I like watching the team play well as much as the next guy... but I would rather see us in the top 3 at this coming draft. Give Cooper the summer... and then we will see how this team is under his belt.

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
Now for a loss on Saturday. And I hope it's the last time I have to hope for my team to lose! :cry:

Panthers can't hurt themselves by winning so they should be making an effort.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Cooper has barely been given any practices and the team has still improved. Judge him after he's been given an offseason and training camp at least.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Lucic was at the end of a shift and didn't really seem to be trying very hard, but he still handled Aulie with ease as expected.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I know that Lucic is a tough SOB and my opinion on Aulie doesn't rest solely on today's fight, but I'm very unimpressed with Aulie. The way I see him going, he's a 7th defenseman on most teams. He has terrible foot speed, average defensive instincts, isn't nearly physical enough, hasn't impressed in any of his fights this year, doesn't use his size and reach to his advantage. Overall I'm just very disappointed with him. Hopefully he comes in next year a bit more filled out and has some more strength in his legs.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I know that Lucic is a tough SOB and my opinion on Aulie doesn't rest solely on today's fight, but I'm very unimpressed with Aulie. The way I see him going, he's a 7th defenseman on most teams. He has terrible foot speed, average defensive instincts, isn't nearly physical enough, hasn't impressed in any of his fights this year, doesn't use his size and reach to his advantage. Overall I'm just very disappointed with him. Hopefully he comes in next year a bit more filled out and has some more strength in his legs.

I thought he looked good at the beginning of the year, then he got Boucher'd.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

I think he's a great bottom pairing guy. I've been impressed. :santa:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I think Aulie was solid. He's also smarter than folks give him credit for and has a knack for getting pucks toward the net or passing off of the endboards. There's nothing he's done that would make me give up on him completely. Worst case, he'll be solid as hell in the AHL for us.

Offseason and training camp for Cooper and about half a season under the program and I bet this team turns into the typical Cooper team. It's going to have to playing in the same division as TML and BOS.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I thought Aulie was alright last night. Also, can't blame him for getting destroyed by Lucic. The man knows what he's doing.

To be totally fair I think it's a little too soon to talk about next year. From what I see on BP, they're hardly had any practices under Cooper. After a full training camp, I fully expect a different team. If it is t a different team then it's time to look at Yzerman.
Exactly. In a recent interview he said that in his short time with the Lightning it was and is about getting to know and assessing the players for next year. In the off-season guys will get cut from the team and others will be brought in via trade and FA or from Syrcacuse. Boucher has been preaching it but it applys here too: Patience.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga

I thought Aulie has been solid so far. It is time to invest in a heavyweight though.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
That wasnt that bad. I was expecting a Crombeen type beatdown. :laugh:

I agree...I think his helmet took a few of the shots. Not to say that I'd want to jump in front of them, but from the sounds of it, I thought Aulie had the Crombeen "I can count to spaghetti" look.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I mean... played last night in Florida, really have nothing to play for beyond some trophies, and beyond that, we got some great chances on Tuukka and he shut the door. I'm really not getting this doom and gloom ****. It's ****ing annoying.

Your the teams number one fan, you can defend everything and anything they do, you don't get the doom and gloom ? Really ? If you think reality is annoying then your in for a heap of annoying for the next little while.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Your the teams number one fan, you can defend everything and anything they do, you don't get the doom and gloom ? Really ? If you think reality is annoying then your in for a heap of annoying for the next little while.

Valid points, but you don't seem to believe that there is any reason whatsoever for optimism. It's not ALL doom and gloom. There is hope, not least of which is the kids and Cooper.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Valid points, but you don't seem to believe that there is any reason whatsoever for optimism. It's not ALL doom and gloom. There is hope, not least of which is the kids and Cooper.

There is lots of hope but to me the veterans are the problem. If your best players have over 50 points each and still not plus players you have a problem. The idea is to win, not to put up big numbers. I could go on and on but I think most teams out there are in love with their young players. We need veterans that know how to win leading the way. As usual I hope I'm wrong but so far I haven't been. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad