GDT: 4/21/18 - 3:00PM EDT - #2WC New Jersey VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
It's not an accomplishment thing so much as just the way Point plays the game, and the way he looks. He's just always in control, and then kind of darts around on offense, weighing his options.

Whenever I see #21 with the puck, I feel something almost like relief, because you know he's going to make the right play, whatever that is.

I was thinking about this the other day while watching him. The kid never makes a bad play. It is just unbelievable how ridiculous his responsibility IQ for the game is. You definitely have to look outside of Tampa for a historical player to compare him to.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Most "top tens" are things that can't be measured, they're opinions based on experience and/or bias and in that way mirror pretty much every post on this board. As for grammatical errors, I don't know what you are referring to. Btw, the phrase is "rife with", not "ripe with". Have a great day.

Can we just admit that our team was not giving their best efforts during the last 2 months and were simply saving it for the playoffs? I mean we saw an entirely different style when the playoffs started. North south rather than east west passes. Get up the ice quickly vs trying to make the perfect connection of passes up the ice. Also weve seen some effort on the PK, guys blocking shots and working harder to get in lanes. I mean people with tons of experience could see that the Lightning were coasting during these months. If you watched our team before this season you saw us do it before. 82 games is a long season. Just getting through that is half the battle. Then getting through the rest is even harder. We should know this better than most at this point.

Reactions: Matt Watson

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Can we just admit that our team was not giving their best efforts during the last 2 months and were simply saving it for the playoffs? I mean we saw an entirely different style when the playoffs started. North south rather than east west passes. Get up the ice quickly vs trying to make the perfect connection of passes up the ice. Also weve seen some effort on the PK, guys blocking shots and working harder to get in lanes. I mean people with tons of experience could see that the Lightning were coasting during these months. If you watched our team before this season you saw us do it before. 82 games is a long season. Just getting through that is half the battle. Then getting through the rest is even harder. We should know this better than most at this point.

This was something the Blackhawks learned to master during their run from 2010-2015, especially 2013-2015. They would have lulls in the season and often times seemed almost bored or even disinterested. People would panic and worry, and then the playoffs would start the infamous "switch" would flip and you'd see a completely different team. It was kind of fascinating.

Now the switch has tape on it so it can't be used flipped up or down. Not working anymore and in need of repair.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I gave myself a little treat today and decided to look over the last few pages of the Devils GTD for game 5. Oooooh boys. What a whirlwind.

People cursing Kucherov. Saying that he wouldn't do that if Stevens was still playing (lul). These folks are still living in the mid 90's man. It's incredible.

Saying that TB didn't win because of being better or experience, it's because the Devils couldn't finish their chances.

It's honestly a really special thread. You guys should take a peek.

Reactions: Stammertime91

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This was something the Blackhawks learned to master during their run from 2010-2015, especially 2013-2015. They would have lulls in the season and often times seemed almost bored or even disinterested. People would panic and worry, and then the playoffs would start the infamous "switch" would flip and you'd see a completely different team. It was kind of fascinating.

Now the switch has tape on it so it can't be used flipped up or down. Not working anymore and in need of repair.

Yzerman said the same thing about his teams in Detroit. Its a long 82 game season. You cant ask for your best team every night. I mean yea its frustrating as a fan because you watch your team dominate for the first half and then they struggle to beat Buffalo? It just proves that if you arent in the game at this level, you will get burned. Teams are too good to even take your foot off the gas for a little bit of time. The parody is real in this league. However our teams domination in the first half was also real. We are definitely one of the best teams in the league. I am super excited to see how we play against our division rival next round. Im sure they are licking their chops at the opportunity to. Good thing we get some rest before it. Hopefully the Bs and Leafs tear each others heads off.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I gave myself a little treat today and decided to look over the last few pages of the Devils GTD for game 5. Oooooh boys. What a whirlwind.

People cursing Kucherov. Saying that he wouldn't do that if Stevens was still playing (lul). These folks are still living in the mid 90's man. It's incredible.

Saying that TB didn't win because of being better or experience, it's because the Devils couldn't finish their chances.

As most well know, (except NJD fans, apparently) Scott Stevens wouldn't be Scott Stevens today. Arbitrary number, but I'm willing to bet 90%+ of his hits are illegal now. Not knocking him for back then because the rules were much different and we all have a bit of meatball inside of us that loves to see old-school hit montages but wouldn't get away with much of anything he did as a player today.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Just read it. Thanks for the tip.

Yea they seem to forget what playoff hockey is. The one guy who keeps calling us dirty was like, they didnt play this way during the regular season when we played them. Duh the playoffs are much more physical than the reg season. If that was dirty hockey, I dont know what he thinks of some of these other plays that occur during the playoffs. Its just another level of crazy during the playoffs that they dont seem to understand and they just call it bullying. They also didnt seem to see when the Devils players were dirty. No only our team can play dirty.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Just read it. Thanks for the tip.

Yea they seem to forget what playoff hockey is. The one guy who keeps calling us dirty was like, they didnt play this way during the regular season when we played them. Duh the playoffs are much more physical than the reg season. If that was dirty hockey, I dont know what he thinks of some of these other plays that occur during the playoffs. Its just another level of crazy during the playoffs that they dont seem to understand and they just call it bullying. They also didnt seem to see when the Devils players were dirty. No only our team can play dirty.

Team A had no success playing a certain style against Team B and decided to change the way they play and it had a different result?

Stop the presses. Do other teams know this?

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

"Boohoo they bullied our young players :cry::cry::cry:"

Should we have just taken it easy on them because they had inexperienced players? They also act like the league wants us to succeed. Yeah right, they're praying for a Florida team to make it over a NY area team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
"Boohoo they bullied our young players :cry::cry::cry:"

Should we have just taken it easy on them because they had inexperienced players? They also act like the league wants us to succeed. Yeah right, they're praying for a Florida team to make it over a NY area team.

Yet its ok for Boyle to pick on Sergachev and Cirelli.

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
Most "top tens" are things that can't be measured, they're opinions based on experience and/or bias and in that way mirror pretty much every post on this board. As for grammatical errors, I don't know what you are referring to. Btw, the phrase is "rife with", not "ripe with". Have a great day.

Go back and read it then, "their" instead of "they're", "than" instead of "that". More humiliating than misspelling a phrase I might use five times a year. My intelligence is moot anyway, as I'm not the one who came masquerading in here carrying all the keys to the mysteries of hockey. Thus it is your burden to actually communicate like an intelligent person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad