GDT: 4/21/13 - 6:00PM EDT - Carolina VS Tampa Bay

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Loved the destruction of Gleason for a dangerous play on Labrie. He wasn't diving, he got destroyed by Beener low and Nacho high, tandem crosschecks.

Same old story with this team, they showed up for ~12minutes of the game, got predictable result in doing so.

Draft position not compromised though.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
St. Louis had two points, that was pretty much the only positive.

That, and closer to securing a top 3 pick.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Actually glad for the loss. This was a team we needed to loose to. really helps us in the whole draft setups. Not a terrible loss for us.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
On pace to drafting 3rd overall. Welcome Drouin/Jones/Mackinnon!

I am praying we win the lottery or that one of the teams above us does...or else we get pushed down to 4th. The last time a draft was this deep was in 2003 and do you know who was taken 4th overall? Yup, a Russian :)laugh: granted completely different scenario and players, but I'd still have nightmares about Zherdev if I were a Blue Jackets fan).

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Gleason's head snap was hilarious. Not saying it wasn't a penalty on Labrie, but Jesus...

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
St. Louis gets two points and we lose to Carolina in overtime.

Sounds like a successful game to me!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
And if Colorado wins tonight, we're one point away from 2nd! If we could beat them out, we've got a good chance at Jones.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
So Colorado won, we are now one point out of 2nd! It looks like Florida has locked up the 1st overall slot.

Edit: I just realized the final game of the season is against FLA. I wonder if FLA can actually beat us...

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
And if Colorado wins tonight, we're one point away from 2nd! If we could beat them out, we've got a good chance at Jones.

Yep. No one is catching FL for the first overall. If we finish second and the lottery doesn't screw us, we will get Jones. Florida needs a superstar forward in the worst way they would easily pick Drouin or McKinnon over Jones.

3 games left, I want the season to have been worth it. So I hope we lose the next three. We need Jones in the worst way.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Yep. No one is catching FL for the first overall. If we finish second and the lottery doesn't screw us, we will get Jones. Florida needs a superstar forward in the worst way they would easily pick Drouin or McKinnon over Jones.

3 games left, I want the season to have been worth it. So I hope we lose the next three. We need Jones in the worst way.

Honestly I think it goes either way with Florida. They can't go wrong with either pick. I have a feeling they go after Jones, but maybe not.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Watch Yzerman pick somebody nobody has on their top-5 or even top-10 list with our top-3 pick.

Or: Do you guys see him trading our 1st rounder (+x) for a stud defenseman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->