Post-Game Talk: 4-2 Lightning

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
When was the last time a NHL team gave up 300 goals in a season? Because mark my words this Mutt n Jeff combo are going to.edit Philly 06/07 303 ga were on pace for 318 disgusting.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
For everyone blaming Dubnyk, take a look at our supposed star players.

Without a goal:
RNH - 8 games
Eberle - 8 games
Hemsky - 7 games
Yakupov - 4 games
Gagner - 4 games

5 of our top 6 or 7 players haven't scored a goal in ages.

You can blame goaltending all you want, but when your elite players are garbage at putting the puck in the net, you aren't going to win **** all.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Ho hum another typical Oilers game. Too many turnovers. Lots of shots but no finish and no rebounds. They will call this another good effort but just unfortunate.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
MacT knew we needed a goalie, went hard after one. I just thinks he knew the team wasn't going to win the cup this year and knew the UFA pool is deep this year

good point. ya, according to all rumors he did go hard after a goalie (Schneider in particular).

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Yay, another lose. I don't even really care anymore. I'm at the point of apathy. I guess I just care enough to post here sometimes (and just BARELY).

Need a real goalie and a number 1 defender. There's no way around it.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Yak barley played. I didn't think he was that bad defensively. With poor goaltending again and just dumb mistakes. We could have had even more shots but we get too cute at times. Damn this team.
Not to rag on Yak but aside from the last scoring chance he set up he really was a non factor out there again.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers need a 5 game winning streak to catch up to where playoff teams are NOW. This means they need to win like 7 or 8 in a row to get back into the picture.

I don't like their chances

They need a 10 game win streak with the 6 teams above going 5-5 for the Oilers to move into 8th,

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Oh I see. We only are allowed to post "trade Yakupov" on this board. Don't point out when he makes a nice play or looks to be improving.
Just saying. He needs like a three point night to earn my confidence back in him. Or a point in 3 straight games. Neither seem likely to happen anytime soon.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

Without a goal:
RNH - 8 games
Eberle - 8 games
Hemsky - 7 games
Yakupov - 4 games
Gagner - 4 games

You can blame goaltending all you want, but when your elite players are garbage at putting the puck in the net, you aren't going to win **** all.

We're out shooting the opposition quite a bit. Dubnyk isn't handling as many shots, but he's letting in worse and worse goals. Tonight isn't all on him at all, but he needs to make some of these saves. NHL quality goalies need to make a save here and there to get their team into it.

I place this game 60% on Dubnyk, and 40% on the bad giveaways. That third goal isn't Dubnyk's fault at all, but his effort on the second goal was just garbage and that first goal? Stay on your god damn feet for an extra second Dubnyk, it'll help.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013

Without a goal:
RNH - 8 games
Eberle - 8 games
Hemsky - 7 games
Yakupov - 4 games
Gagner - 4 games

None of this changes the fact that Dubnyk can't make a stop.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

Without a goal:
RNH - 8 games
Eberle - 8 games
Hemsky - 7 games
Yakupov - 4 games
Gagner - 4 games

The elite players are garbage beacuse they have the fear in the back of their mind any risk they take is gonna end up in the back of their net cause this pylon is the goalie. You need to be able to trust your goalie and play with no fear or youre not the same player you can be.

Dubnyk is beyond garbage. He should be waived i seriously hate this noob. Did you see how out of position he was when Johnson hit the post on the powerplay?

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
When are we going to find out that Yakupov needed shoulder surgery and is going to miss the season?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Without a goal:
RNH - 8 games
Eberle - 8 games
Hemsky - 7 games
Yakupov - 4 games
Gagner - 4 games

Good thing we only have to put up with Dubnyk for another 50 games or so at most. :sarcasm:

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
We'll at least 90% are on the dubby sucks train finally.

This team isn't as bad as it's record.

Can't wait to get Perrin back, if we only had a goalie playoffs are stick realistic.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Liked our play in the third period. Hall, Yakupov, Petry + Gagner and Eberle created quality scoring chances.

Hall was a beast. 7 shots on goal and a goal.

Get rid of Dubnyk. He didn't even need to be our best player tonight.

Mactavish is a failure.

He's going to make a move and whoever comes over here is going to have to give some speech about being happy to be here and looking forward to making the difference needed to put us over the top so that we can get back into the playoff race when we all know we're out of it.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I wonder how Dubnyk feels knowing he constantly lets our team down.

It obviously isn't helping, and it's leading to more and more bad performances. You can't get out of a funk without some help. LaBarbera isn't that help.

Dubnyk is barely a back-up in this league this season. Whether or not you're a fan of the "Blame Dubnyk" party that I feel is completely justified this season, just look at his numbers and tell me that he's an NHL starter.

We need to bring a guy in, and that rests squarely on MacT. He needs to ****ing buck up and do something here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad