Post-Game Talk: 4-2 Lightning

SterlingArcher

Mar 11, 2013
Yak barley played. I didn't think he was that bad defensively. With poor goaltending again and just dumb mistakes. We could have had even more shots but we get too cute at times. Damn this team.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers need a 5 game winning streak to catch up to where playoff teams are NOW. This means they need to win like 7 or 8 in a row to get back into the picture.

I don't like their chances

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They deserved to lose, they gave Stamkos like 4 or 5 wide open shots from the slot, they are lucky he only scored twice.

At least Hall made it somewhat entertaining tonight.

All your Ekblads belong to us.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Ya. We should have traded for Bishop when we had the chance. The more I think about it the more I think this will be a lost year, but it will make Mac T realize we need a goalie.

Funny Tampa was bad, until they finally got a goalie.

MacT knew we needed a goalie, went hard after one. I just thinks he knew the team wasn't going to win the cup this year and knew the UFA pool is deep this year

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Ference, Smid and N. Schultz are incapable of making a breakout pass and it's a huge reason why we constantly get hemmed in our own end.

Bishop stole the game for Tampa, Dubnyk has proven he can't do that. There's the difference between us and Tampa. They have a great record, but watching the game tonight you know why. It's goaltending.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Eberle had a nice game. 2 points wasn't his fault fervency forced a pass to him

That's how Eberle has always been though: get points despite doing very little. Aside from two decent passes he accomplished **** all out there tonight.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There were positives in this game, at least it wasn't like the Detroit game. Hopefully Bachman gets back soon, I missed the first 2 GA for Dubnyk, but watching Bishop make big save after big save I highly doubt that Dubnyk was even close to as good as Bishop was tonight. So once again goaltending was the difference between getting at least a point and losing the game and getting no points.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
Has a goalie ever EVER fallen down or stumbled more times over their career than Dubnyk already has? Its unbelievable.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Yeah, great play by Yakupov. He nearly registered his 4th point in 15 games.

Oh I see. We only are allowed to post "trade Yakupov" on this board. Don't point out when he makes a nice play or looks to be improving.

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
Apparently the pleasure was all Jack Michaels. What a ******. I hate that sign off.

The OILERS radio network.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Difference between a good.................?

Great game by the team as a whole.

Dubby u won't be in the league next year as a starter

This game shows the difference between a good goaltender and an average to below average goaltender.

Bishop won the game for Tampa and Dubnyk loss the game for Oilers..........!!!

Agree Dubnyk has to go.............!!!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If this team had even average NHL goaltending we'd be competing for 8th right now instead of competing for 30th.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Ference, Smid and N. Schultz are incapable of making a breakout pass and it's a huge reason why we constantly get hemmed in our own end.

Bishop stole the game for Tampa, Dubnyk has proven he can't do that. There's the difference between us and Tampa. They have a great record, but watching the game tonight you know why. It's goaltending.

They're also incapable of making a smart play on the boards in the opposing zone. 100% it goes the other way off their stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->