GDT: 4/2/24 Hawks @ Isles 6:30 NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think we've reached a point where we take Vlasic's good stick for granted. He breaks up many plays with his reach. Seth and Vlasic both with solid games. Anyone who didn't like Seth's play last night, likely will always find a reason to not like his game ..... though he'll never live up to that ridiculous contract.

Where have you been? This has been talked about all season. No one is taking anything Vlasic does for granted. He's the best D on this team, and when asked, I'd say most on here would agree with that.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That was a massive clean hit. So little fighting today and people still complain
It was a pretty crappy fight though. I don't miss the arranged fights one bit, and now I wish they would get rid of the, you have to fight for laying a great hit on our teammate 2 shifts later fights.

Only fights I miss are the ones where 2 guys are pissed at each other and fight right away.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It was a pretty crappy fight though. I don't miss the arranged fights one bit, and now I wish they would get rid of the, you have to fight for laying a great hit on our teammate 2 shifts later fights.

Only fights I miss are the ones where 2 guys are pissed at each other and fight right away.
This. And I'm fine with the fights that develop from scraps and battles in front of the net and such, also. Those are in the heat of the moment, and usually coincide with both guys having given the other some cheap shots and stick work to the body.

The whole "redemption for a clean hit" fight has always annoyed the shit out of me. I understand the premise behind it, but I also think it's really f***ing dumb that you should have to "answer" for making a hockey play, one that is a normal, everyday part of the game, and has been for their whole lives.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa

At least Martin had class and waited till Tinordi was fresh. He was out there earlier with him but tinordi was at the end of the shift.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I'm torn over it. It's weak when I'm neutral about both teams but if somebody blows up one of our guys I'm always glad when Tinordi or Foligno step up.

I get not wanting it to be a thing... But it is. And it says something when teams don't do it because it's a thing.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm torn over it. It's weak when I'm neutral about both teams but if somebody blows up one of our guys I'm always glad when Tinordi or Foligno step up.

I get not wanting it to be a thing... But it is. And it says something when teams don't do it because it's a thing.
I don't think it says anything if a team doesn't fight after one of their players gets hit cleanly. But we grew up in a different era and played in a different era. All depends on the situation I guess, if the player looks like he tried to kill the guy, then sure, but if he's just stepping up to take him out of the play, then its whatever.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't think it says anything if a team doesn't fight after one of their players gets hit cleanly. But we grew up in a different era and played in a different era. All depends on the situation I guess, if the player looks like he tried to kill the guy, then sure, but if he's just stepping up to take him out of the play, then its whatever.
I'm 36 I don't think we grew up all that far apart.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
It's fun how the Hawks get a pass for a having a few nice shifts in a row. They were outshot more than 2-1 the last 2 periods I think. Just pretty much played opossum in zones the last 4 minutes.
The inability of coaching to acknowledge the benefits of a forecheck shift to shift continues to amaze me.

Were they trying to protect the lead? I was really trying to figure it out, kind of sucks not being able to see all the skaters on tv but the Hawks seemed hyper conservative again.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's fun how the Hawks get a pass for a having a few nice shifts in a row. They were outshot more than 2-1 the last 2 periods I think. Just pretty much played opossum in zones the last 4 minutes.
The inability of coaching to acknowledge the benefits of a forecheck shift to shift continues to amaze me.

Were they trying to protect the lead? I was really trying to figure it out, kind of sucks not being able to see all the skaters on tv but the Hawks seemed hyper conservative again.
Oh yeah. I can hear it now. "OK boys, stop forechecking now. Let's sit back and let the ops take it to us."

NO coach, good or bad, communicates that message to his players.

Here's a newsflash. If Hawks aren't the least talented team in the NHL, they're probably rated in the bottom 3 by most analysts. Good coaching is capable of only so much on a bottom feeder.... not that that will stop the blame game from some folks.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Oh yeah. I can hear it now. "OK boys, stop forechecking now. Let's sit back and let the ops take it to us."

NO coach, good or bad, communicates that message to his players.

Here's a newsflash. If Hawks aren't the least talented team in the NHL, they're probably rated in the bottom 3 by most analysts. Good coaching is capable of only so much on a bottom feeder.... not that that will stop the blame game from some folks.
What are you seeing the skaters do that I'm missing?

I just don't see a structure that supports a forecheck more often than not. Sometimes I don't see a forecheck period. It was worse earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad