GDT: 4/14/13 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
The thing that kills me is how easy it is for teams to totally break the Lightning down. We've all seen ONE forechecker totally keep the Lightning in their own end and eliminate any threat.

I don't understand this team at all. They can't even play with an extra man on the ice. You can't even tell they're up a man.

Another garbage effort and another garbage result. Great job boys!

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Remaining schedule: WPG, MTL, CAR, TOR, BOS, FLA.

CAR and FLA are tanking, the others want points.

str8shooter

Apr 7, 2013
Finish the tank, get Jones. Trade or dump Brewer and Carle. Add better D, try to also upgrade in net. Get Stamkos to play like he gives a crap, make playoffs next season.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
Can you honestly picture this team finishing anywhere but bottom of the basement next season in the new division? I can't. I fully expect 2-3yrs of #1 picks going forward.

I want to argue, but I really can't. I don't think we'll be Edmonton Oilers bad but there's definitely going to be some growing pains with all the Syracuse kids coming up and the full transition to Cooper's type of game.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I want to argue, but I really can't. I don't think we'll be Edmonton Oilers bad but there's definitely going to be some growing pains with all the Syracuse kids coming up and the full transition to Cooper's type of game.

We have the same problems as Edmonton, no transition game, lack of effort, no system, no defense but they don't have as deep a forward lineup as we do even with all their #1's.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Someone said this on BP last night but Yzerman needs to take a long, hard look at this team in the offseason. They need to quit doing what's best for sentimentality and do what's best for the damn team. Anyone that's quit, given up or mailed it in this season needs to be shown the door. Name or status be damned.

That's not directed at any one person. Just an in general comment.

They can't do that. You still have to have enough bodies to ice a full team. Get rid of all the slackers and we're riding a half full train.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad