GDT: #4 - 10/11/18 | sharks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptBubba5

Oct 3, 2018
Palm Harbor, Florida
I must be the only one not gulping huge drafts of the Chytil Kool-Aid right now. That's no commentary at all on whether he's highly skilled or talented, or what he may eventually be. But right now, from what I've seen, he spends way too much time standing around in the offensive zone waiting for other guys to get him the puck, and way too much time in the defensive end standing around somewhat near his check without actually covering anyone effectively. And the team is 0-3. So... tough love. Got no problem with that.
Did anyone notice that Chytil looked like he was sobbing after they had that too many men penalty? I know he's a young guy and he did take that hit to his noggin but to come to tears on an NHL bench? He needs to mentally toughen up. The AHL might be the best for him for a bit.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Did anyone notice that Chytil looked like he was sobbing after they had that too many men penalty? I know he's a young guy and he did take that hit to his noggin but to come to tears on an NHL bench? He needs to mentally toughen up. The AHL might be the best for him for a bit.

It seems like he gets hit in the head and breaks down in tears literally once every game lmao. Whats going on with him.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Draftkings still has the Sharks to win the cup at +1150. Might wanna get on that in case they beat us 10-0 tonight. :sarcasm:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Coach yelled at him for that and used some rough words. Quinn's eyes could kill, that's how mad he was. Chytil can't handle this, not yet anyway. But he's still just a teenager.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Coach yelled at him for that and used some rough words. Quinn's eyes could kill, that's how mad he was. Chytil can't handle this, not yet anyway. But he's still just a teenager.

My hobby is to berate and yell at victims of unsolicited and unwarranted violence and bodily harm as well. I set up at the playground with a box of triscuits and wait for some kid to fall from the monkey bars and get right in his face and tell him how worthless he is and try to make him cry.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

I think it's just a natural reaction to getting yelled at for a good deal of people. A Google search will bring up a lot of results about crying when getting yelled at. I'm not sure about the actual biological mechanism, but even if he doesn't feel overly bad about it, it might be an involuntary reaction, especially if Quinn is being a bit gruff. He'll get better once he gets used to play at the NHL level. The kid just turned 19.

Hell, when I started a job when I was 23, I could feel tears start to well up when I got yelled at about an error during my second week (which turned out to not actually be an error--Screw you, Aaron).

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think it's just a natural reaction to getting yelled at for a good deal of people. A Google search will bring up a lot of results about crying when getting yelled at. I'm not sure about the actual biological mechanism, but even if he doesn't feel overly bad about it, it might be an involuntary reaction, especially if Quinn is being a bit gruff. He'll get better once he gets used to play at the NHL level. The kid just turned 19.

Hell, when I started a job when I was 23, I could feel tears start to well up when I got yelled at about an error during my second week (which turned out to not actually be an error--Screw you, Aaron).

But thinking about it, aren't most guys who join the Army around 19? Then you have to deal with a sergeant who is yelling in your face what piece of crap you are. I guess some are mentally tougher than others...

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Thinking that DeAngelo is finally going to get off his schneid. His confidence should be good going in......it's his time. Gonna bury once and for all that he should be IN, game in and game out. Sit out anyone else that deserves to sit the bench.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
That's the whole point...if you as a recruit break down mentally you'll receive the following message: No thanks, go home. You're useless as a soldier.
A mental break down and a 19yr old taking it hard because he made a mistake are two completely different things. Recruits cry and get down on themselves during boot camp or training. Most of them get back up and become stronger. They don't get instantly kicked out of training. If someone has a mental breakdown then that's something you have to handle differently.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
That's the whole point...if you as a recruit break down mentally you'll receive the following message: No thanks, go home. You're useless as a soldier.

Damn, your military experience was really different to mine (and seemingly different to most of the US service personnel I worked with)...

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Haven't really thought about it.

What does that have to do with the idea that we can't ice more than one?

Whether it's Quinn or management, I think it's pretty clear that Shattenkirk and ADA are competing with each other. I think it's also pretty clear that Staal has to be convicted of murder to sit.
Well then he blew our last shot. Should've taken out AV, would have killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Damn, your military experience was really different to mine (and seemingly different to most of the US service personnel I worked with)...
That is also not the way it works in Brazil. If only crying could get you free from the mandatory service...

Reactions: mike14

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Honest question: Is this from personal experience? Because it sounds more like what happens in a movie

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I am listening to the Spittin Chiclets podcast with Adam Oates and he is currently discussing how so many players bobble and mishandle the puck and how if there is a D to D pass and then a pass is made in someones feet that is a major mistake. Interesting that we are seeing that pretty regularly with Staal
Guess that's what playing fast means. Rather have no D to D, with a bad pass in neutral, that goes the other way. Pushing even a bad pass past their blue line forces them to regroup and maybe they do a D to D.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
My hobby is to berate and yell at victims of unsolicited and unwarranted violence and bodily harm as well. I set up at the playground with a box of triscuits and wait for some kid to fall from the monkey bars and get right in his face and tell him how worthless he is and try to make him cry.

This is basically what JT Miller did here except he used onion rings instead.

Not impressed.

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad