GDT: #4 - 10/11/18 | sharks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I hate how Shattenkirk immediately points out DeAngelo in his quote about being scratched. (Not a criticism of Shattenkirk, he's just calling the kettle black)

We're forcing them to compete with each other because of this dumb ****ing Rongos mentality that you can only have one OFD, while McQuaid and Staal get permanent spots no matter what they do.

Putting up points is literally discouraged on this team and then we wonder why our defensemen don't put up points.
Where did you get this from lol. Some of you gotta give Quinn more than, like, a week...

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I think Shattenkirk is the only person in the Rangers organization that has brought up DeAngelo without having to be directly asked about him.
This is so, so strange. I mean I know I'm a bit off the board in considering him our #1 prospect (if you can still call him one), but that the organization seem to completely look past him in a time when they are trying to get the fans excited about the future is baffling. It shouldn't be due to the forbidden topic either, since I'm pretty sure that was already out of the bag before we acquired him.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Apparently regardless of the result of tonight's game Shatty will be back in on Saturday.

Quinn said he didn't like Pionk's game against Carolina. Not like any of the defensemen besides ADA played all that great but whatever.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How many offensive defensemen do you think are playing in the NHL?
Haven't really thought about it.

What does that have to do with the idea that we can't ice more than one?

Whether it's Quinn or management, I think it's pretty clear that Shattenkirk and ADA are competing with each other. I think it's also pretty clear that Staal has to be convicted of murder to sit.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'm excited to see Smith with Pionk... Gets Smith on his natural side, get's Pionk off of Staal, and allows DeAngelo to roam like he's supposed to...

Basically, if Pionk looks better and ADA looks worse, they should be on their way to attributing that to Staal being an anchor

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I'm excited to see Smith with Pionk... Gets Smith on his natural side, get's Pionk off of Staal, and allows DeAngelo to roam like he's supposed to...

Basically, if Pionk looks better and ADA looks worse, they should be on their way to attributing that to Staal being an anchor
Pionk aint playing tonight my dude. For some reason they're playing Claesson without taking Staal out of the lineup.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Haven't really thought about it.

What does that have to do with the idea that we can't ice more than one?

Whether it's Quinn or management, I think it's pretty clear that Shattenkirk and ADA are competing with each other. I think it's also pretty clear that Staal has to be convicted of murder to sit.
Because if there are only a certain amount available you can’t single out the Rangers for not playing enough of them.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If they took Staal out and the D looked better, how do they put him back in?

Or maybe them saying Shattenkirk is going back in no matter what is a preview of that?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm ok with working guys in and out of the lineup, Claussen deserves a shot and it appears as though Quinn doesn't want to upset the leadership of the team by taking his permanent A out of the lineup. I kinda think Shattenkirks knee isnt 100%,and I also think Quinns previous relationships with Hayes and Shattenkirk may have something to do with the benchings, I think they have a good relationship and this is part of establishing a culture that they maybe buying into to send a message. If they bench or take ice time from these two then nobody is safe might be the message. I'm looking forward to the new lines and as much as the kzb line has been good before you cant keep beating that horse if it's already dying,time to freshen it up. I've always felt lines should change a bit throughout the year because come playoff time injuries force players into spots they aren't used to playing all year, if they get tweaked when they go stale then players can work on chemistry with others on the team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Because if there are only a certain amount available you can’t single out the Rangers for not playing enough of them.

I can name plenty of teams playing more than one.

I go back to the idea that we had to choose between Stralman and Boyle (same management) because both move the puck well and Girardi needs to be in to do defense things. And then we had to have Yandle on the third pair because McDonagh puts up points and Staal has to do the defense things.

You don't make the OFD compete with the OFD and the DFD compete with the DFD. You play your six best.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Marc Staal is 12th all time in NYR GP and will make his way into the top 10 this season. No way he doesn't play. If he plays more, it'll help us Tank. He's a pro athlete, he's not taking himself out anytime soon, faking an injury or getting sat. Embrace the Tank! Get on board and just focus on Chytil, LA, Howden and ADA this year! If they make strides while also losing, that's a win.

Reactions: TheTakedown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad