GDT: 4/1/16 - Wild @ Wings | WIN IT FOR PHILLY Edition - 6:30PM CT / 2:30AM FIN - FSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They have 4 games remaining.

They have 1 more game, but even IF they win that, they are still 3pts back, and oh yeah, and we're only 3pts from their max amount of points. Trust me... we have a HUGE advantage. This race is no longer close. It's not official yet, but it's all but done.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So that makes the magic number 4? Or do they have the tiebreaker right now?

I thought people have been saying ROW was the tiebreaker, so why isn't it head-to-head?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So that makes the magic number 4? Or do they have the tiebreaker right now?

I thought people have been saying ROW was the tiebreaker, so why isn't it head-to-head?

Yes, the magic number is 4. Either we get up to 4pts or they lose up to 4pts and we are a point over their max. They can only reach 90, 4pts gives us 91.

ROW (regulation and overtime wins) is the first tie breaker because wins whilst playing hockey = greater than wins via shootout.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yes, the magic number is 4. Either we get up to 4pts or they lose up to 4pts and we are a point over their max. They can only reach 90, 4pts gives us 91.

ROW (regulation and overtime wins) is the first tie breaker because wins whilst playing hockey = greater than wins via shootout.

Yeah, but why not H2H for first tiebreaker?

Edit: I know the team that gets the extra home game has their first game excluded for an uneven number of games.

Eh... I kinda see the point, but still think it's dumb.

Another edit: So technically our magic number would be 5, because Colorado could beat us in ROW if they catch up. Never mind. Can't count.

Last edited:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Thank god Avs lost too. They need to step up though. This Wild wasn't a playoff team.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Thank god Avs lost too. They need to step up though.

mhhh.gif

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Was watchin git down here in DC. They should have won that game. Detroit's defense looks something awful. Then again, this is also the same team that basically lost to a AHL defensive lineup in Edmonton

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
What were the lines yesterday as Granny was playing winger?

Granlund-Koivu-Parise
Zucker-Coyle-Vanek
Nino-Haula-Pominville
4th line

(If I remember correctly, Vanek might have been switched in and out with Fontaine)

More of just Coyle and Granlund switching spots is what i think it was if that makes sense.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Granlund-Koivu-Parise
Zucker-Coyle-Vanek
Nino-Haula-Pominville
4th line

(If I remember correctly, Vanek might have been switched in and out with Fontaine)

More of just Coyle and Granlund switching spots is what i think it was if that makes sense.

Vanek should be with fonzie

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Granlund-Koivu-Parise
Zucker-Coyle-Vanek
Nino-Haula-Pominville
4th line

Actually it was

Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Vanek-Coyle-Zucker

Torch said he loves Granlund on his offwing.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Maybe a homer vote, but I think Granny was / has been one of the best Wild players lately. In last game he gave pretty nifty open goal pass to Parise, scored a beatiful goal himself and was physical.

He makes 3-4 really good scoring chances in every game. It's not really his fault people can't bury them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He makes 3-4 really good scoring chances in every game. It's not really his fault people can't bury them.

I get kind of tired of hearing that. Granlund himself is guilty of missing on multiple chances that others have created for him.

I was happy to see that he scored a goal on a good shot the other day. Now he's got to continue to do that. He is a high #1 draft pick about to enter his prime. It's about time the training wheels came off and he started driving the play.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
I get kind of tired of hearing that. Granlund himself is guilty of missing on multiple chances that others have created for him.

I was happy to see that he scored a goal on a good shot the other day. Now he's got to continue to do that. He is a high #1 draft pick about to enter his prime. It's about time the training wheels came off and he started driving the play.

But do you say it's not true that he creates multiple scoring chances in every game? You know, he's never been a goal scoring machine but a playmaker and if people expect otherwise from him it's a bit unfair.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
in the NHL most of the scoring chances come off shots, i.e. rebounds, flukes, and deflections. Just look at the goals scored against us in the past two games. If Granlund refuses to shoot then he is denying his linemates those scoring opportunities. What's more, scouting will make other teams aware of his tendencies, and passing lanes will be covered when he has the puck rather the shooting lane, so you could argue that he is limiting, rather than creating, scoring opportunities for his linemates by being so reluctant to shoot.

Having the other top 6 C also being a reluctant shooter compounds the problem.

Bottom line is that Granlund is playing OK, but he could do himself, and the team, a solid by looking for his shot more.

Bruce is never going to get much bigger, nor much faster. He already tries really hard...can't do better there. What he can improve is his approach (shoot more), and his FO %.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
in the NHL most of the scoring chances come off shots, i.e. rebounds, flukes, and deflections. Just look at the goals scored against us in the past two games. If Granlund refuses to shoot then he is denying his linemates those scoring opportunities. What's more, scouting will make other teams aware of his tendencies, and passing lanes will be covered when he has the puck rather the shooting lane, so you could argue that he is limiting, rather than creating, scoring opportunities for his linemates by being so reluctant to shoot.

Having the other top 6 C also being a reluctant shooter compounds the problem.

Bottom line is that Granlund is playing OK, but he could do himself, and the team, a solid by looking for his shot more.

Bruce is never going to get much bigger, nor much faster. He already tries really hard...can't do better there. What he can improve is his approach (shoot more), and his FO %.
Who said Granlund refuses to shoot? He's 6th on the team in shots with 150 behind Parise, Suter, Pominville, Zucker and Nino.

Granlund with 150, Nino with 153, Zucker with 154... that doesn't look like he's a reluctant shooter like you're trying to make him out to be.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Who said Granlund refuses to shoot? He's 6th on the team in shots with 150 behind Parise, Suter, Pominville, Zucker and Nino.

Granlund with 150, Nino with 153, Zucker with 154... that doesn't look like he's a reluctant shooter like you're trying to make him out to be.

Facts, sheesh.:shakehead

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
And how many minutes has Zucker played compared to Granlund. Are you seriously saying that Granlund is a " shooter"?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
And how many minutes has Zucker played compared to Granlund. Are you seriously saying that Granlund is a " shooter"?

Nope. I believe they just pointed out he isn't as hesitant as you believe him to be. Considering we have 1 player in the top 60 as far as shots, 2 in the top 115, that's pathetic. (Ranking limited to forwards) I don't believe it's Granlund being hesitant in relation to other players, but our entire team in relation to the league. Other than Zach, we have the mindset to defer to a teammate's shot. Shot counts as a forward unit show that, both total and per 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad