Prospect Info: 3rd round 81st Overall - G Benjamin Gaudreau

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County

That's awesome that some scouts see him as a first round talent! Hopefully this turns out to be a great value pick for us. The way he is being described as mastering the technical aspects of the position early and not being the typical raw project goaltender sounds promising.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Personally not a fan of this pick but hope he makes me a believer. I honestly have my doubts this kid will ever reach the NHL.

Reggae Shark

Sep 30, 2018
“Had the OHL played this year, I truthfully believe that we would be mentioning Gaudreau in the same breath as Wallstedt and Cossa. I see a goalie with very few weaknesses, who clearly has the mental toughness, focus, and athleticism to be top notch NHL goaltender. His glove hand has improved a lot this year based on what I saw at the U18's. His rebound control is the area requiring the most work, but everything I know about this young man suggests that he will work hard to improve it. I don't think the scouting community is making a big enough deal about his performance at the U18's. The best 2003 born goaltender on the planet IMO.” - Brock Otten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->