Prospect Info: 3rd round 81st Overall - G Benjamin Gaudreau

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted in the first round, seventh overall, by the Sarnia Sting at the 2019 OHL Priority Selection Draft, Benjamin Gaudreau has long been a high-profile goalie prospect. He played 28 games for the Sting as a 16-year-old rookie in 2019-20. Gaudreau put up a 10-13-2 record with a 4.34 goals-against average and a .890 save percentage. However, those numbers don’t really do his play justice as he was playing behind a Sarnia Team that was weak defensively. Gaudreau also played for Team Canada Black at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He struggled in the tournament with a 5.95 goals-against average and .787 save percentage.

2021 NHL Draft #61: Benjamin Gaudreau Scouting Report

Reactions: ThreatLevelMidnight

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Love the pick, I remember when he got drafted top 10 to the OHL, I thought he would be a great prospect. Could be a steal given he didn't get to play in the OHL this year
I agree. He seems to be someone who excels when left out to dry so he seems like the type who can steal a game or two.

Reactions: Sandisfan

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Fully support making DWjr the full GM when DW inevitably gets “promoted” to President of Hockey Ops or something like that. Jr just seems to get it.

They should just make that official this offseason. Looks like he's calling the shots with the draft. Time to give him the reigns, usher in the new era.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
They should just make that official this offseason. Looks like he's calling the shots with the draft. Time to give him the reigns, usher in the new era.
I think the problem is that the GMs are kind of an old boys club so DW seems to have value with the conversations with old guard GMs. Maybe JR gets some baseline cred due to heritage but not sure if he's a trade negotiator yet like his Dad.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Fully support making DWjr the full GM when DW inevitably gets “promoted” to President of Hockey Ops or something like that. Jr just seems to get it.

Pretty sure wilson is already president of hockey ops, he is going for belcher's job or plattners job next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad