Proposal: 3rd OA, Schlemko to Isles for 11th, JT negotiating rights and Leddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
Is this a reasonable proposal or are the Isles giving up too much? Is Leddy available in a package?

Habs send the 3rd overall and Dave Schlemko to the Islanders for the 11th, rights to negotiate with JT and Nick Leddy.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Is this a reasonable proposal or are the Isles giving up too much? Is Leddy available in a package?

Habs send the 3rd overall and Dave Schlemko to the Islanders for the 11th, rights to negotiate with JT and Nick Leddy.
Isles like their chances of extending Tavares with Lou wooing him. Not interested in 3OV at the cost of Tavares or Leddy.

And no way do the isles, trying to trade for a top 4D, downgrade from Leddy to Schlemko.Gross.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I don't think the deal is a good one for either side tbh, but mostly not for Montreal, as I don't believe there's much chance at all Tavares entertains signing there.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I wouldn't send the 11OA/Leddy for 3OA/Schlemko, let alone Tavares rights as well. Possibly the worst trade I have ever seen, and that's saying a bunch.

5ql.gif

People acting like Tavares re-signing with the Islanders would make this deal bad for the Habs????????????????? Still sucks for us!

Reactions: CREW99AW

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The following conversation takes place:

Lou L: John, you're not going to believe this . . .

JT: Lou, you know I want to find a way to make it work here.

Lou L: How would you like to have the 3rd overall also available for us?

JT: How?

Lou L: Montreal is offering me the 3rd overall and some schlub for Leddy, the 11th and your negotiating rights, but I think I can get them to take Mayfield instead of Leddy. That makes us able to trade up from 11 to 3 and when the FA season opens you re-sign with us for the 7 years. We'll bump it up to $12 million a year to make up for the last year.

JT: Man Lou, why didn't Malkin fire Snow earlier? Of course I'll do this!

Lou L: Now remember John, not a word about this to anyone

JT: You got it! Can't wait to see how we look with Kotkaniemi for our 3rd line center! By the way, who's the schlub?

Lou L: Dave Schlemko!

JT: Wow, why not ask for a 2nd instead?

Lou L: Why not? Maybe we get someone like Alexeyev too!

JT: Fire up that fax Lou! And I'll be by tomorrow to finalize the details of the July 1st offer.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The following conversation takes place:

Lou L: John, you're not going to believe this . . .

JT: Lou, you know I want to find a way to make it work here.

Lou L: How would you like to have the 3rd overall also available for us?

JT: How?

Lou L: Montreal is offering me the 3rd overall and some schlub for Leddy, the 11th and your negotiating rights, but I think I can get them to take Mayfield instead of Leddy. That makes us able to trade up from 11 to 3 and when the FA season opens you re-sign with us for the 7 years. We'll bump it up to $12 million a year to make up for the last year.

JT: Man Lou, why didn't Malkin fire Snow earlier? Of course I'll do this!

Lou L: Now remember John, not a word about this to anyone

JT: You got it! Can't wait to see how we look with Kotkaniemi for our 3rd line center! By the way, who's the schlub?

Lou L: Dave Schlemko!

JT: Wow, why not ask for a 2nd instead?

Lou L: Why not? Maybe we get someone like Alexeyev too!

JT: Fire up that fax Lou! And I'll be by tomorrow to finalize the details of the July 1st offer.

Literally the ONLY advantage they have is the 8th year. If they can only offer 7 he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad