3rd line competition.......post scrimmage

Savaahd91

Jun 3, 2012
I couldn't agree more. I expected to see Spooner shine tonight but didn't draw as much attention as expected. Sauve looked great out there too bad hes a center thats a long wait list.

the goaltending has me worried a bit for the Rangers game

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
The goaltending didn't have our D playing 100% IMO. They weren't laying guys out like they would in an actual game. So I wouldn't put too much into all the goals.

Savaahd91

Jun 3, 2012
true. Big bad Bruins will be in affect starting Saturday.. im hoping for the best but cant help tuukkas confidence lettin up 7 vs Pbruins

Im ready for them to come out big saturday but still feel like were missing something

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
I'd say its Bourque's spot to lose. He looked really solid, that was the best line all night.

Man Suave is DISGUSTING. Kid's got some hands.. if he can stay healthy he will make it.

I honestly think he is good enough now.

Savaahd91

Jun 3, 2012
If Sauve was a winger he already would be on the team. unless a trade happens koko and sauve have a lengthy wait

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, Bourque was impressive. He reminds me of Peverley out there. Not entirely convinced, but you have to give him a shot at the start.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
it was clear that it was Bourque's job as soon as they traded for him.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
PC just pretty much confirmed that Bourque is the 3rd line wing.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If Sauve was a winger he already would be on the team. unless a trade happens koko and sauve have a lengthy wait

Sauve has played mostly wing for the PBruins. The reason why he's not on the team is that he's made of glass. He got a call-up last year and got hurt in the first period.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Max Sauve has played LW for the last two seasons and I think he should be the third line LW unless we make a deal. Still think Julien doesn't like him. Chris Bourque not the answer, but at least he can score and we'll see how long he last.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Max Sauve has played LW for the last two seasons and I think he should be the third line LW unless we make a deal. Still think Julien doesn't like him. Chris Bourque not the answer, but at least he can score and we'll see how long he last.

I think Claude's problem with max is like Artemis said "made of glass". It's too bad because he has talent.

member 96824

Does Chris Bourque being on the third line finally end the "this is a team that won the stanley cup" rhetoric?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Ryder to CB is a downgrade, but it's not as though we had Luc Robitaille out there.

I doubt we win 3 game 7's with Bourque playing a regular shift. Benoit Pouliot ended up costing game 7 of the 1st round with his turnover, and Bourque isn't any better than him.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I doubt we win 3 game 7's with Bourque playing a regular shift. Benoit Pouliot ended up costing game 7 of the 1st round with his turnover, and Bourque isn't any better than him.

Ryder was great, he was also a whipping boy for 90% of the time he was here. The Kings won with Trevor Lewis, Dwight King, Jordan Nolan, Colin Fraser and Brad Richardson playing regular shifts.

My point was there's a tendency to romanticise how good the cup winning team was, there's no reason that Bourque couldn't be part of a cup winning team and then in 3 years we'd be saying "Anthony Camara is no Chris Bourque, no way this team wins a cup."

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What's everyone's problem with Chris Bourque? The kid has produced in the AHL at nearly a PPG level for over 400 games, good wheels, works hard. For a third line guy, I'm not expecting a world class player. Unless he comes in and flat out sucks, I'm on the Bourque bandwagon.

Would I like to see a better player at that spot? Sure... but right now, he's the best option we have. And for a team so close to to the cap ceiling, we don't have a lot of other options to turn to.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Ryder to CB is a downgrade, but it's not as though we had Luc Robitaille out there.

people forget how good Ryder was in the playoffs for us. he was his 30 goal self and really stepped up. I hope Bourque plays well and helps make that third line a legit scoring threat but i don't expect it. i think Caron will eventually get a chance for that spot when he is healthy and prove to be a better option. whether or not he will be good enough for the Bruins and people here remains to be seen. I'm hoping for a trade if/when those two don't work out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad