Value of: 3rd Line Center to Edmonton

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
We have a glaring hole at 3c and need to fill it (yes ik our wingers suck too but we can't get top 6 wingers with the cap space we have).

So who might be available from your team that could fill the hole? We can part with non-1st round picks or one of our many d prospects (excluding Bouch/Bro/Sammy ofc).

Bonus points if you are able to take back the last year on Gagners contract to give us a bit more flexibility.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
For better or worse, I think the spot is going to be shared by Gagner and Granlund (basicly the two just taking draws on their strong side).

If Puljujarvi doesn't re-sign, than that'll open a few more doors. But even then, you'll likely see Haas get a shot. That, or Sheahan or Brassard given a PTO.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I wouldn’t be shocked if this is Khaira’s spot to lose, probably with a guy or two on PTO pushing him.

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
Well, i know it was a really small sample, but Weal as a habs was really good at the end of last season (10Pts in 16 games).
Smart on the Ice and can really skate well.
he also does have a good contract at 1.4 mil for 2 years

I would ask for a 3rd pick or caleb jones

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Well, i know it was a really small sample, but Weal as a habs was really good at the end of last season (10Pts in 16 games).

He's more of a 4th liner and Caleb Jones would be a big overpay. No thanks.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
For better or worse, I think the spot is going to be shared by Gagner and Granlund (basicly the two just taking draws on their strong side).

If Puljujarvi doesn't re-sign, than that'll open a few more doors. But even then, you'll likely see Haas get a shot. That, or Sheahan or Brassard given a PTO.

I swear I saw Sheahan got signed. Florida I think?

Anyway, I think we have enough options internally that one of Gagner/Granlund/Haas/Khaira/Marody grabs the job.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
At this point my hope is Pulju gets traded for a young player to fill the 3c hole (Roslovic/Eriksson Ek/etc) or Marody plays his way into that spot. Otherwise we are f***ed.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Pity Edmonton can't take on Salary otherwise Nick Bjugstad might be a fit. If Pens can't trade Jack Johnson then Bjugstad for 2nd + Brodziak? probably wouldn't work cap wise.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I really hope we give Brassard a PTO or low value contract. Put him and Gagner on the 3rd line, both are round 50% faceoff guys, with opposite strong sides as ones left and ones right. It would be a good line to throw a kid on to develop and be protected by 2 vets. Maybe a creative guy like Benson could rekindle some of Brassards offense. 1 year $2 million for a 31 year old Brassard would make me very happy.

I honestly think we need some age in our centre group, Nuge is the oldest at 26. We've proven that kids arent always the answer to plugging holes so lets bring in a veteran who has played every situation.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Pity Edmonton can't take on Salary otherwise Nick Bjugstad might be a fit. If Pens can't trade Jack Johnson then Bjugstad for 2nd + Brodziak? probably wouldn't work cap wise.
We may be able to make that work. It would put us over the cap by less than a million, but when we dump Manning to the minors get that back and can be over slightly in the summer. I doubt Holland wants to be tight up against the cap like that though. I would do it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I really hope we give Brassard a PTO or low value contract. Put him and Gagner on the 3rd line, both are round 50% faceoff guys, with opposite strong sides as ones left and ones right. It would be a good line to throw a kid on to develop and be protected by 2 vets. Maybe a creative guy like Benson could rekindle some of Brassards offense. 1 year $2 million for a 31 year old Brassard would make me very happy.

I honestly think we need some age in our centre group, Nuge is the oldest at 26. We've proven that kids arent always the answer to plugging holes so lets bring in a veteran who has played every situation.
I would offer him a contract. A lowball one year deal. Brodziak brings the age, btw. Ha ha.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
At this point my hope is Pulju gets traded for a young player to fill the 3c hole (Roslovic/Eriksson Ek/etc) or Marody plays his way into that spot. Otherwise we are ****ed.

PMO has already said Roslovic will get more ice time and a greater oppurtunity this season.....PMO is going to be using this year as a bit more of a development year for a number of young guys. This is a change of direction from the last two years, especially last year when Jack was frustrated by his lack of ice time & role (he complained about it, never requested a trade). Don't see the Jets being interested in trading him at this point especially when there's a significant chance he's still the future 2C which he will get a legit chance at this year (along with Copp) and especially for a winger which is the last thing on this earth we need more of. Last year was a season of win now not develop young players, this season is much more about developing young players......part of the reason so many Jets fans have said the Jets will be taking a step backwards this year........young guys upfront and on defence in new roles. Jets were the 2nd youngest team last year and will be even younger this year.

The last thing the Jets should do is trade away any potential centre, especially a potential top six centre.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Carter at 50% for Gagner + 2nd + prospect in 2020? Next year’s top picks are particularly valuable to LA and we don’t need cap space for any roster players. I have a feeling we bought out Phaneuf to free up cap space for trading for futures.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Those two assets are very different in value.

Reactions: Steeler23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad