3rd line Center or a Scoring winger

What do the bruins need, to give them the best chance, come playoff time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
A 3rd line Center could be huge come playoff time, one who's good in the face-off dot, and who can move up the line-up if need be.

A scoring winger would be nice, taking the heat off the first line to do all the scoring.

Should they Stand pat the youngsters will eventually fill all the needs and once all the walking wounded return, there'll be no need for change.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
My plan if I am Sweeney
Trade major assets for a top 6 winger who will be here for a while.
Trade smaller pieces/picks for a rental 3rd line center and see where Studnicka/Frederic/JFK are next season.

I went with 3rd line center although, I feel either would help.

As long as Cassidy continues with Pasta playing with Krejci and Begy with Marchand the Bruins will have a better chance internally filling that void with the likes of DeBrusk,Heinen,Donato and Bjork even possibly Cehlarik if he's given the chance.

A 3rd line center who can win draws and produce offensively is big. You can't score if you don't have the puck and come playoff time, when your playing elite teams it'll be huge. Given that and the fact the Bruins internal depth isn't deep down the middle and another Center who can fill in on the 1st and 2nd lines when needed and become a stalwart centering the 3rd line is much needed but either addition would be grand.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I think I’ve flip-flopped on this one. At the beginning of the year, I was saying 3c as I thought more stability but now I’m onto winger or someone who can play both positions. If we can have two lines that can flat out overwhelm the opposition that’s hard to pass up.
Ultimately, need both if going deep and maybe that 3c is in house, maybe not.
JFK has had some moments. I’d like to see TFRED for a stretch.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I think PETA is boycotting this phrase, it triggers too many babies.
They want some other stupid phrase.

Call Rick Nash and see if he's ready to come out and play yet...
Rick Nash does not solve any problems the B's have. They need a decent scorer, not someone who use to be a good scorer. Last year he didn't help a whole log last year, and yes I know he was concussed. Trade anyone in Prov but Frederic. Trade Picks, Donato, JFK, Bjork, and get a 2nd line scorer, under 30, with a few years left on his contract.
Go with JFK if not traded or put Backes there.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If im king of the world im sending a fruitcake and a happy christmas card to BOTH Berglund AND nash

Message is please let us know if you want to play for us this year at an affordable caphit... asap... thankyou

If i can get both guys... my shopping list is done and i feel i got a great chance at cup. Im happy not to trade away picks/prospects. Im very happy to keep cap hit managable

If i cant get these guys... jeff carter is my target and i expect him to skate shifts at both center and wing

Reactions: b in vancouver

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They need both, but if I had to pick one I say easily a top6 player.

If they want to compete in the East they need 2 quality offensive lines, lines that you can expect something game after game.

3rd liner doesn't achieve that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blowfish and TCB

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
We need someone that can fill in top 6 C if necessary. We need to get the top two lines going as well but short of an elite winger I'm not sure anything is a surefire solution there. I would like to see Frederick alongside Krejci and Pasta and acquire a 3rd line center like Schenn. I think 3C is an easier fill and is a more certain solution. JFK may look a lot better as a RW as well with less responsibility for right now, both Seguin and Bergeron started as wings and it worked alright for them.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
A 3rd line Center could be huge come playoff time, one who's good in the face-off dot, and who can move up the line-up if need be.

A scoring winger would be nice, taking the heat off the first line to do all the scoring.

Should they Stand pat the youngsters will eventually fill all the needs and once all the walking wounded return, there'll be no need for change.

The Heinens and Donatos are not cutting it in the top 6. Cave/JFK are good for 3rd line. Either trade or try calling up some p bruin players. Need to try something new.

Reactions: TCB

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Winger for David Krejci

I want a winger for Krejci. I really do. At the same time, I also have this fear of him not meshing with a big acquisition. He's not for everyone and I also think he's best suited as the 2nd or 3rd best player on his line. So another Rick Nash isn't going to cut it.

I would totally be down for DeBrusk/Bergeron/?????. Maybe even as a match up/shutdown line. That's more viable and likely to work IMO.

Getting a big time winger though would be at the top of my list now. Look into bargain bin/stop-gap options for 3C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->