3rd Jerseys

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
I like the current road jerseys, but I love these more and wish they would replace them next season.

And no, a new 3rd is coming.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Figure they were just going to wear them once or twice so the home team could see them.
Also not sure if it was planned but when we played at Buffalo they wore alternate whites at home and we ended up doing the same to them.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
WC jerseys usually get a couple more uses during the regular season but I wouldnt say these get turned into 3rds. Although I do hope we get some alternate jerseys soon

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If I had to guess, ownership would want to save the WC jersey for Saturday night home games. And it would have to be against teams who are coming to Nashville on a one-off road game, so that they don't have to travel with an extra set of jerseys. So that limits their use to:

Jan 18 vs Buffalo
Feb 22 vs Columbus
Apr 4 vs Minnesota (Finale)

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
I did not think they would wear them so soon. Another game they might wear them is Sunday Feb 16 vs the St Louis Blues in their throwback 3rds.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
We’re messing with the “Gold” identity. Going with the yellow, calling it gold, and wearing them at home was the best marketing and branding move the Preds have ever done. Stands look great at home without having to declare a Gold Night. Immediately recognizable in public and at away games. I’d say 90% of Pred jerseys at games are gold. Now the WC jerseys are great but they are diluted the gold in n the stands. I’d like them turned into our away jerseys. Our white away jerseys are not fan favs and could easily be replaced.

Reactions: Adz

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We’re messing with the “Gold” identity. Going with the yellow, calling it gold, and wearing them at home was the best marketing and branding move the Preds have ever done. Stands look great at home without having to declare a Gold Night. Immediately recognizable in public and at away games. I’d say 90% of Pred jerseys at games are gold. Now the WC jerseys are great but they are diluted the gold in n the stands. I’d like them turned into our away jerseys. Our white away jerseys are not fan favs and could easily be replaced.

Agree- if anyone want to see the difference the Gold makes in the arena- just look at a highlight from an old game and look at the crowd before the switch to Gold- night and day difference

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Agreed. Next to getting Sean Henry it was THE best marketing decision the Preds have made. The gold is dynamic--it pops on screen and in the arena. The blues disappeared into the background, same as white. I loved the blue colors on me, hate how I look in the gold, but TV doesn't care what it looks like on individuals, it picks up the group effect. The group appearance definitely sells the game--gives the team and fans an identity.

That said, I think maybe the team is pushing the blue a little, too. Last playoffs, the shirts at the front of the discount and grocery stores were mostly navy!

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I would love for a throwback and the Preds wear their original inaugural jerseys for a season or so. The first jersey was still my favourite of all time. I loved the silver shoulders and the gold between the silver and navy blue.
That was such a nice jersey!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I would love for a throwback and the Preds wear their original inaugural jerseys for a season or so. The first jersey was still my favourite of all time. I loved the silver shoulders and the gold between the silver and navy blue.

Same, the comments here about the identity and unity of the gold jersey are spot on. But the original was so nice and will forever be my favorite.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Same, the comments here about the identity and unity of the gold jersey are spot on. But the original was so nice and will forever be my favorite.

Agree as well. I have an authentic 1st season jersey that is my favorite... sadly I'm not sure I can still fit into it :(

Reactions: predfan98

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

The only current pred to ever wear the original jersey is Rinne, but it was the second version of the original, slightly different but same colour scheme.

upload_2020-1-23_12-13-45.jpeg

Rinne never wore the mustard one though did he?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
800px-Pekka_Rinne.jpg

I'm not sure the context of this photo but it's on his Wiki so he wore it in some capacity at least. The caption says its from December 2005.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Backup or not, that’s pretty cool Pekka wore that jersey for a game. Even if it was just once and he didn’t see the ice.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The only current pred to ever wear the original jersey is Rinne, but it was the second version of the original, slightly different but same colour scheme.

View attachment 311911

Rinne never wore the mustard one though did he?
Thats got the skulls on the patches instead of the radio tower right? I love the radio towers. Got one of each of those authentics.

Reactions: predfan98

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Didn't Hamius play in both the original jersey (second version) as well as mustard?

An updated version of the mustard needs to be our third, opposing fans hated those things!

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionnaire11

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Didn't Hamius play in both the original jersey (second version) as well as mustard?

An updated version of the mustard needs to be our third, opposing fans hated those things!

Hamhuis played in the CCM/Koho and Reebok original color scheme jerseys along with both the mustard and navy alternates. He did not play in the Reebok gold and white color scheme of 2011-2017. He is the only player to actually play while wearing mustards, navy alt and WC style jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->