3rd jersey speculation

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
And to be fair... I think the rest of the uniform is spot on. I just wish the chest logo was... Different. It needs to be balanced horizontally somehow. It seems like they had to blow it up so big to make it visually fit horizontally that they made it comically large vertically. I like the heathered stripes, I like the gray yoke, I love the NC flag... It's just that the logo is so... Off...

It looks like something a beer league or rec youth team would get screen printed on a jersey. It doesn't belong on a NHL set.
I looked again on the Hurricanes website to see if there was a picture I missed that showed the symbols on the shoulders.

cut.png

I really like the decision to have the North Carolina flag on one shoulder and the Hurricanes logo on the other. Honestly, I wish our regular jerseys had something on the shoulders, and having the alternate logo on one shoulder and the North Carolina flag on the other would be great IMO.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I do like the actual jersey. I'd maybe lose the shoulder piping, but that's a minor complaint. The logo just does not work at all. The size and positioning is off, and there's a real minor-league feel. I appreciate the effort to make two flags work, but if this is the best we could do then we should have stuck with the old logo.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
After thinking about it more once I have read multiple comments about it, I think I can see the logo maybe looking like its from a minor league. Yet I still like the logo. I don't know, the colors on the logo again look great to me.

Honestly I had sort of mixed feelings about the old alternate logo when I first saw it/when it was first revealed, but the jersey grew on me. I have had a better first impression with this new alternate jersey. Maybe I'm kind of in the minority of opinion here. Anyway, it will be interesting seeing the players wear it next season.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Looks good.

How many upset South Carolina fans are there gonna be? Like two?

No joke I was actually behind two different vehicles this week with South Carolina tags sporting Canes decals. Not that I have seen it before but it's more like once a year if it's not the same car. I got pretty giddy about it. But then I backed away because South Carolinians are shit drivers :nod:

Also saw a Georgia car with Canes bumper sticker right after the last game in April. That was a first.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I am pedant and insist there be two flags for the proper hurricane warning. New jersey is great.

I love the mooterus though, despite it not being the actual Constellation of Taurus.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
No joke I was actually behind two different vehicles this week with South Carolina tags sporting Canes decals. Not that I have seen it before but it's more like once a year if it's not the same car. I got pretty giddy about it. But then I backed away because South Carolinians are **** drivers :nod:

Also saw a Georgia car with Canes bumper sticker right after the last game in April. That was a first.
Those drivers are just Ohioans with South Carolina plates.

Bridgeburner96

Jan 20, 2015
I don't love it, but I'm sure it will grow on me. I don't like the shoulder patches not being balanced. I think if you put the NC flag on one side it would look better to have a flag (SC) on the other side. I think two sticks (with the two flags) crossed would look better than the one stick. I think there should also be a white stripe kind of like the temporary red jerseys needed the black stripes. Like I said I think it will grow on me, but those are my initial thoughts.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I should be surprised, but...

Hurricanes ‘Take Warning’ with reveal of new third jersey!

This change left the mark with somewhat unusual proportions. It creates a lot of negative space on one side of the chest. But Forman insists the layout and positioning on the jersey will enhance the overall look.

And if you're curious about where the captains' letters will sit, join the club. Forman says the design team is still figuring that part out themselves.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Never understood the negativity towards shoulder piping. I loved it on the older Canes jersey and its far and away my favourite part of this one.

I do like most of the jersey and feel like it has the potential to be fantastic with a couple tweaks. But the logo and its placement is just really bad. The negative space of the North Carolina outline seems like they were trying really hard to be clever and use an element of the Whalers logo, but it doesn't add anything.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I should be surprised, but...

Hurricanes ‘Take Warning’ with reveal of new third jersey!

This change left the mark with somewhat unusual proportions. It creates a lot of negative space on one side of the chest. But Forman insists the layout and positioning on the jersey will enhance the overall look.

And if you're curious about where the captains' letters will sit, join the club. Forman says the design team is still figuring that part out themselves.
I don't think the letter can go anywhere but the right shoulder unless they do the sensible thing and shrink the logo.

Who knows, they'll probably try to center it or something ridiculous. :laugh:

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
So while I couldn't get on the boards, I got bored and realized how much I miss the triangle. I tried to redo it in Photoshop, and my crap skills came up with this (I posted it on the subreddit first since I couldn't get here):

5XHhtWf.png

It isn't perfect, but I think it looks a bit better like this. Sad that we'll never see it though.

Yeah that would have been better, could have shrunken the flags and the logo overall in this case and I would have liked it quite a bit more

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
And to be fair... I think the rest of the uniform is spot on. I just wish the chest logo was... Different. It needs to be balanced horizontally somehow. It seems like they had to blow it up so big to make it visually fit horizontally that they made it comically large vertically. I like the heathered stripes, I like the gray yoke, I love the NC flag... It's just that the logo is so... Off...

It looks like something a beer league or rec youth team would get screen printed on a jersey. It doesn't belong on a NHL set.

I think its just the size of the logo in relation to the rest of the jersey that is off-putting. They could have made it a little smaller. Its almost like the "That logo is too damn high" debacle with the first time they re-did the reds. They sure as shit got it right with the 2nd redo, however. I'm sure they'll tweak this one a little at some point as well.

Reactions: Unsustainable

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Just to point out as well, that this is a jersey designed during the reign of the previous owner. Any other changes would not have been made in time. Here’s hoping next year we get a matching road jersey for the home or a complete overhaul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->