3rd jersey speculation

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Framework of the jersey is about an 8 out of 10 to me, solid but not spectacular.
New alternate logo is about a 5, it's fixable but the lack of anything in the background on it looks just strange to me.

Yeah I'm with you. I like the shoulders and the colour schemes, and don't mind the red striping. The logo is just, off. Too skinny and too much empty space. Would have liked either the triangle or state outline behind to add some width

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
It's flat out bad. Easily one of the worst jerseys in the league. They managed to mangle a great logo into a cluster****, and the striping is incoherent. The shoulder is too dark to be a real yoke, but it's light enough that it looks like you got a bad batch of fabric. And the dumbass shoulder piping, one of the dumbest elements of any Canes uniform in history, makes its return.

Utter garbage. How about a black jersey, with the old flag logo, and a flag stripe with the flags actually in color. Add a gray yoke (that actually looks gray) if you want. It's not ****ing hard. This team has/had a nice set of logos and one of the strongest motifs in all of sports with the flag stripe that we somehow have not used in any real form for 6 ****ing years. Yet we still manage to **** it up. I'm not somebody who reflexively hates new uniforms. You can go back through years of leaguewide uniform threads to see that, going back to the introduction of the Rbk Edge. But this uniform is taking a two foot putt, pulling out a 5 iron, hitting the ball 90 degrees to the right, into a water hazard, putting a giant crater in the green, and then taking a shit in the crater.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It looks like an XFL designed hockey jersey. The logo is way too big. It stretches way too far in almost every direction (vertically and diagonally). The blacked out shoulder patches look straight up amateur garbage designed by FUBU. The arm and waist stripes just look off too.

Wow.

The Islanders 3rd jersey from a few years ago has a new contender for worst modern jersey.
islanders_alternate_jersey_by_yoshifan78-d4qo4sp.jpg

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
It looks like an XFL designed hockey jersey. The logo is way too big. It stretches way too far in almost every direction (vertically and diagonally). The blacked out shoulder patches look straight up amateur garbage designed by FUBU. The arm and waist stripes just look off too.

Wow.

The Islanders 3rd jersey from a few years ago has a new contender for worst modern jersey.

At least we didn't go full Buffalo:

090413_sabresjersey.jpg

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Looks good.

How many upset South Carolina fans are there gonna be? Like two?
Not me. More upset by how bad it looks than the "snub".

No one in South Carolina gives a shit about the Canes so the "snub" is justified. More Pens, Caps, Bruins and Red Wings fans here than anything. Maybe if the Canes actually advertised more here or made the playoffs there might be more fans. But even in North Carolina outside of Raleigh, the Canes barely have a footprint. Kind of embarrassing. Might as well rename them the Raleigh Hurricanes although that sounds like shit and makes less sense given Hurricanes slightly impact Raleigh maybe once every few years.

Gumbo

Dec 31, 2015
Raleigh
I like it. I think it is an improvement to have two flags instead of one. I agree they could have made the flags a little smaller, leaving some space at the bottom of the stick, and then put either the triangle or the state outline in the background to broaden the logo.

I think the small outline of the state between the flags is a nice touch, but a lot of people will probably not notice it.

I like both this logo and the old although logo more than the primary .

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Wow.

incorrect, this will never be topped:

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I love it tbh
Right now I'm feeling the same way to be honest. It is kind of hard to get a good look at the shoulders from the pictures I've seen though; like what the heck the logo is supposed to be on the shoulders. I know some other people in this topic don't like this new alternate jersey, but honestly it is better than what I expected. Overall I'm happy with it. The colors really pop for the logo itself and I like that. Some people were saying the logo is too big but I'm fine with it as is. The North Carolina state shape in the "negative space" is a nice detail, but it wasn't obvious at all until I read about it (I also didn't stare at the logo like a conspiracy theorist looking for some hidden symbol).

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
"Everyone *****es because the black jersey only has one flag"

"Everyone *****es because the black jersey now has the appropriate number of flags"

Yep...HF Boards SOP.

I think its great and about to nut all over myself tbh.

...and, BTW, the addition of the NC State flag should be proof that Dundon is dedicated to the region.
Yeah, great point. I feel like people would complain regardless of how it turned out. Personally I like the 2 flags better than 1. I'm glad to see a few people really like it because I am very impressed with the new alternate jersey myself. If they didn't cost so much, I'd get one with Svechnikov's name.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
"Everyone *****es because the black jersey only has one flag"

"Everyone *****es because the black jersey now has the appropriate number of flags"

Yep...HF Boards SOP.

I think its great and about to nut all over myself tbh.

...and, BTW, the addition of the NC State flag should be proof that Dundon is dedicated to the region.

For the record, I have always believed that the flag logo was a spectacular logo as it was, and was not remotely bothered by the fact it was only a single flag. I have also consistently said that every two flag logo concept I've ever seen has looked terrible. The Canes managed to make it look better than most of those concepts, but it's a fundamentally unbalanced shape that makes for a terrible logo.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah, great point. I feel like people would complain regardless of how it turned out. Personally I like the 2 flags better than 1. I'm glad to see a few people really like it because I am very impressed with the new alternate jersey myself. If they didn't cost so much, I'd get one with Svechnikov's name.

I have a long record of being one of the least knee jerk 'anything new is bad' complainers on HF, going back nearly a full decade now. This jersey is just bad.

Sigurd

Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
For the record, I have always believed that the flag logo was a spectacular logo as it was, and was not remotely bothered by the fact it was only a single flag. I have also consistently said that every two flag logo concept I've ever seen has looked terrible. The Canes managed to make it look better than most of those concepts, but it's a fundamentally unbalanced shape that makes for a terrible logo.
I will say that they could have stuck with one flag, but maybe have the colors as beautiful/vivid (or pop as I said) as they do for the new alternate logo. That would have been great. Maybe made the old alternate logo just slightly larger too. I would have lived with that for sure.

Also, we did lose the triangle with this new alternate jersey. I think that is a bummer.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And to be fair... I think the rest of the uniform is spot on. I just wish the chest logo was... Different. It needs to be balanced horizontally somehow. It seems like they had to blow it up so big to make it visually fit horizontally that they made it comically large vertically. I like the heathered stripes, I like the gray yoke, I love the NC flag... It's just that the logo is so... Off...

It looks like something a beer league or rec youth team would get screen printed on a jersey. It doesn't belong on a NHL set.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
Not a fan of the single stripe at the bottom. Should have used the hanger effect striping in the neckline for the bottom of the jersey like the homes. Not a fan of the grey shoulders either. Reminds me off Ottawa’s first jersey when they re-entered the league. Too much red and needs more grey or white in the striping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad