Post-Game Talk: #39 | Flames at Flyers | January 6, 2024 | Flyers win 3-2

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I thought Brink was looking good.
He did but Tortorella has to start building a case to bench the next youngster

It's all good. The top line can play half the game every night, no problem.
They will be the walking dead by the end of this month. With the way this team is built and coached, any success is not sustainable....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Surprised no one has commented on how dirty Calgary played, and the refs.
Greer specifically was looking to instigate a fight. A number of late hits.
Hathaway got called for roughing after two players sucker punched him and he didn't even retaliate. Fortunately, that lead to TK's game winning SH goal, so "all's well that ends well."

Reactions: BernieParent

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hathaway got called for roughing after two players sucker punched him and he didn't even retaliate. Fortunately, that lead to TK's game winning SH goal, so "all's well that ends well."
They played physical. Deslauriers and Co. did not prevent any of it.

Hathaway took a late whack at the goalie like a minute after the refs let another post whistle scrum go unpenalized. It was justified.

Boosh and JJ were mystified on the broadcast about how that happened since Hathaway “didn’t do anything” but it did happen.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

It's almost like signing washed up irrelevant plugs for the sake of "protection" is terrible management

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
They played physical. Deslauriers and Co. did not prevent any of it.

Hathaway took a late whack at the goalie like a minute after the refs let another post whistle scrum go unpenalized. It was justified.

Boosh and JJ were mystified on the broadcast about how that happened since Hathaway “didn’t do anything” but it did happen.
I fully expected the refs to call offsetting penalties on that sequence. Just calling Hathaway was pretty ridiculous, and I am no Hathaway apologist.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad