GDT: #38| Toronto Maple Leafs @ Your Columbus Blue Jackets | 12-28-18

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think it is funny that everyone is somehow leaving Pittsburgh out of this elite team discussion and only focusing on WAS, TBL and TML. A team that is 7-2-1 in their last 10 and still have a ton more talent than the CBJ does and a team they still can't beat when it counts.

I hate the Pens but let's call a spade a spade.
I left them out because I actually DO think we have the talent to win against them. Their defense and goaltending are very suspect.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
yet they proved that they CAN be a capable squad vs 3x future SC winners, its not like they were blown out each time.

Could it be a question of proper motivation or lack thereof by Torts?

Also: why is Dubinski making 5.8m? I mean I have watched him play quite a lot and I simply dont get what it is that he brings to the table thats worth that much cap space.

I know why Im not running a hockey team, because well Id throw him out as a buyout.

Or LOFT.

Dubinsky's contract has been a disaster the last 2 years of the deal. Two more years to run after this.

I'd imagine ownership is getting tired of buyouts. That said, Dubinsky is almost a no brainer buyout. Nash should be as well.

Reactions: Facifer

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This team ain't goin nowhere as currently configured-unless having garbage 2,3 and 4Cs is the new model for NHL success.

You mentioned the 3C, and the two 4C's. What's positive news, and you'll have to forgive me for spoiling your negativity, is that Boone Jenner is actually starting to rack up some primary assists and is looking like a real centerman. He's put a lot of work in to rounding out his game and it's paid off.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You mentioned the 3C, and the two 4C's. What's positive news, and you'll have to forgive me for spoiling your negativity, is that Boone Jenner is actually starting to rack up some primary assists and is looking like a real centerman. He's put a lot of work in to rounding out his game and it's paid off.

O goals and 3 assists in his last 10 games.

Yes, he had a nice assist (forget to whom) vs. the NYR. Boone is a very hard worker but of limited talent. He's a 35 points 3rd liner.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Also: why is Dubinski making 5.8m? I mean I have watched him play quite a lot and I simply dont get what it is that he brings to the table thats worth that much cap space.

I know why Im not running a hockey team, because well Id throw him out as a buyout.

He was a much better player a few years ago. Dubi almost certainly will be bought out.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
How did this club ever win a playoff game, or even two of them? They were terrible last night.

Could it be that they aren't that bad? They were barely skating as the game wore on, perhaps don't judge what the team can do based on their lowest performances.

For some, those are the only kind that are in any way representative.

Or perhaps the wins were flukes and they really aren't that good? Just asking.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Or LOFT.

Dubinsky's contract has been a disaster the last 2 years of the deal. Two more years to run after this.

I'd imagine ownership is getting tired of buyouts. That said, Dubinsky is almost a no brainer buyout. Nash should be as well.
As you know I’ve been down on Dubi so much that last year mid-season I promised I’d suspend further perceived negative - though objective - comments until year end. I’ve posted a few time several kudos on particular plays this year, but remain unwavering in the knowledge he’s a marginal 4th liner making 2nd line money (e.g. a bad contract). That we are so weak at center that we have to use him as a designated draw-man points to our weakness at center.

Amazingly I find Nash even less inspiring. Go back to his signing and I posted then that it was hard to get excited about his addition. Little did I realize that thought would be a high point in my thoughts on his game.

I give Jenner props for stepping up at center as I appreciate his grit and contributions, but would feel much better if we had a scoring 2C. And yes, I’m using “scoring” to include goals.

Reactions: Maylo

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
As you know I’ve been down on Dubi so much that last year mid-season I promised I’d suspend further perceived negative - though objective - comments until year end. I’ve posted a few time several kudos on particular plays this year, but remain unwavering in the knowledge he’s a marginal 4th liner making 2nd line money (e.g. a bad contract). That we are so weak at center that we have to use him as a designated draw-man points to our weakness at center.

Amazingly I find Nash even less inspiring. Go back to his signing and I posted then that it was hard to get excited about his addition. Little did I realize that thought would be a high point in my thoughts on his game.

I give Jenner props for stepping up at center as I appreciate his grit and contributions, but would feel much better if we had a scoring 2C. And yes, I’m using “scoring” to include goals.

***cannot like as I have deemed a bad boy***

Nash has turned out to be an embarrassing signing. I don't think he's a 40 points scorer in the AHL. A complete waste of $2.75 million of cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad